Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    joeyb

Ricoh WF 240W with external PC server (Plotbase)

Hi,

I've got an issue with our 240W wide format plotter whereby nobody can print to it. Today is the first time I've seen the printer and before today didn't know it existed so I'm a bit vague on how it all works.

Basically I've had a look around it and it plugs into a PC via an on board controller card. That appears to be seated correctly.

I have rebooted the PC and the printer, no change. I have checked that the print spooler service is running on the PC. I have noticed it uses Apache, that is started. Restarting it makes no difference.

Within the Plotbase software there is an option to perform a test print, i click that and absolutely nothing happens.

There is a status window on the right hand side, that shows the Aficio 240W status as Ready.

There is a message below in the status window, which mentions something about licencing and a version of Autocad not being detected....not sure if that has anything to do with the issue?

I have tried a test page via the Windows gui, but that fails.

At one point when I right clicked on the printer within Printers and Faxes and selected Printing Preferences I received an error message stating the SNMP server was down. What does that mean?

So, what steps should I take next to troubleshoot?

Many thanks,

Joe

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is the SNMP service running on the plotbase server? If the service is running and you still have the message that indicates a network issue.

What version of Plotbase is the cust running?
    In the upper right coner of the Plotbase screen there is a interface window is the window populated with the correct roll feed sizes?

Are the SSL and CFG readers running?
    Is plotbase set to auto? RED X near upper left corner of screen.

If you drag and drop a TIFF file to the CFG spool folder does it print? If not printing I would start by deleting and recreating the CFG spool folder.

joeyb
    *Prints off lvsb's reply*

Thanks, I'll go and action the above and let you know the outcome.

ONe other thing to look for:

Make sure that when Plotbase starts that a total of four (4) windows open at the bottom of the screen. If only 2 start click on Configuration in the Plotbase window-->select Reader On/Off. This should open the cfg and ssl spooler windows and you would then have 4 total in the task bar.

Good luck, let us know what happens
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

joeyb
    From memory there were only 2. Will do what you have suggested. Just about to go to the plotter now...

Thanks again,

joeyb
    Quote Originally Posted by pspahr View Post
    ONe other thing to look for:

Make sure that when Plotbase starts that a total of four (4) windows open at the bottom of the screen. If only 2 start click on Configuration in the Plotbase window-->select Reader On/Off. This should open the cfg and ssl spooler windows and you would then have 4 total in the task bar.

Good luck, let us know what happens

Excellent. Did this first and all is now working OK. About 3 days worth of print jobs is now happily printing off.

Thank you both very much for the quick and effective replies!!!

No problem, JoeyB, glad it worked and even more glad to be helpful.
    VectorLinux---Check it out!