Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

MP C3002 sc544 resets to sc544 and will not reset

So i got a call yesterday from an account that is 1.5 hr ride from me.SO I need to have "everything possible" with me b4 getting there.

I gave the contact info to try to reset and is went from sc 544 to sc554 and after 5 retries wont clear SC 5554.

I had a previous call for noise from the fuser sleeve having a thumb size dimple about 10 days ago and
    after research here decided rebuilding the fuser sleeve was too much of a headache.
    Doing some research I ordered still to be picked up a new fuser assembly from my local dealer and will try to get the thermister part numbers.
    So to the bacon is this typical of a fuser sleeve failure?
    Is there a "new" procedure to replace the fuser belt assembly?
    This machine has not even broken 100k copies...
    SAW HR overheat - Follow procedure outlined in TSB # 009R.
    ON goose,,can anyone follow up
    MUCH Thanks in advance...........

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP C3002 sc544 resets to sc544 and will not reset

When you get as new fusing sleeve unit there will be a fuse and cable assembly taped to the bottom of the box. The fuse needs to be installed after the cause of the SC has been corrected or the SC cannot be cleared. When power is turned with the fuse installed, the controller will see the fuse, clear the SC and then blow the fuse.

Re: MP C3002 sc544 resets to sc554 and will not reset

sorry for the typo,544 turned and stayed at 554.
    I am familiar with pico fuses being used to reset digital counters
    But I am still not clear on>>if a new fuser sleeve and thermister are
    installed does a simple 5810 command after reset the code or does the pico fuse
    assists in telling machine?
    From what i was told the sc code never reset with front door left open upon re power..
    thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    sorry for the typo,544 turned and stayed at 554.
    I am familiar with pico fuses being used to reset digital counters
    But I am still not clear on>>if a new fuser sleeve and thermister are
    installed does a simple 5810 command after reset the code or does the pico fuse
    assists in telling machine?
    From what i was told the sc code never reset with front door left open upon re power..
    thanks
    Without the pico fuse, the reset does not happen. The only reason to have the door open on re power is to go into SP mode and check the fusing temperatures. If ant read 0, that thermistor is either bad or disconnected. After the door is closed, if one of the temperatures is slow to rise, you may have an open thermostat or lamp. I have seen bad lamps on brand new sleeve units.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Without the pico fuse, the reset does not happen. The only reason to have the door open on re power is to go into SP mode and check the fusing temperatures. If ant read 0, that thermistor is either bad or disconnected. After the door is closed, if one of the temperatures is slow to rise, you may have an open thermostat or lamp. I have seen bad lamps on brand new sleeve units.
    thanks
    being with out much of these in the field,i can only follow what i know from earlier b/w and earlier color
    machines.I understand cking the fuser temp on each individual thermister to see if they are reading
    a rising temp with door closed.Anyone who serviced the 55cpm to 75cpm b/w older series when they
    would pop fuser codes at will remembers the headaches with dumb fuser codes.
    Now if this is seeing a heating roller overheat condition"both sc544 and sc554",would one assume it blew the thermofuse?
    as i havent pulled a mpc3002 fuser apart yet i can only look at the parts manual to "guess" if the fuse
    is part of a new fuser sleeve..

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

That pico fuse is included with the fixing film unit assembly part#D1424032 or you can just buy the reset fuse alone and reset that issue. part# D144FUSE. The fuse is not hard to replace. After replacing the fuse you can reset the error code in service mode.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-22-2017 at 01:41 AM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

thanks
    an odd bird this design...i never understand when mpc3501 and mpc3300 fuser units run
    without major issue that they get the engineers get the "lets try something new mindset"...
    a cheaply made thin sleeve that when it gets any uneven fuser temp it locks out the machine...........
    i am looking to get the 2 "thermisters" AW10-0146and AW10-0145,before
    trekking out......

i see you are ex nyer now in west coast,where in ny
    were you?

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

thanks
    an odd bird this design...i never understand when mpc3501 and mpc3300 fuser units run
    without major issue that they get the engineers get the "lets try something new mindset"...
    a cheaply made thin sleeve that when it gets any uneven fuser temp it locks out the machine...........
    i am looking to get the 2 "thermisters" AW10-0146and AW10-0145,before
    trekking out......

i see you are ex nyer now in west coast,where in ny
    were you?
    Albany, and you are never an "ex new yorker" I still miss it and will probably retire there someday
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

thanks
    Two reasons:
    1. ROHS compliance cost savings.
    2. Same reason they changed the SP access code, too many end users knowing how to enter SP and reset fusing codes. Instead of doing it once and once only, they keep trying to reset until they melt the pressure roller to the hot roller/fusing belt.

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Albany, and you are never an "ex new yorker" I still miss it and will probably retire there someday
    My youngest went to school up at Oneonta,green paradise but winter snow has been a beast..
    I am outside o nyc on long island and have a 2nd place upstate in the caskills but dont see myself staying in ny
    as taxes suck and it takes 1to 1.5 hours to go anywhere with traffic,if my wife wasnt so opposed i d go to Costa Rica and fish till I couldnt anymore