Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    25

    can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    i have read that some tech have cleared a stubborn unsettable sc 544 by copying a nrvam
    from a working machine...
    I have a mpc 3502 that wont clear with new fuser belt assembly,good thermisters and new pico fuse"stays at 5 ohms" nor from 5810_1 nor 2".
    I have access to a mpc 3002 that i can either part out or use anyway i like..
    any input appreciated


  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Stuttgart/Baden Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Hi there!
    As i know that doesn´t work, cause the serial# is inbeded in the NVRAM-datas.
    Greetings...


  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    porto
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    i have read that some tech have cleared a stubborn unsettable sc 544 by copying a nrvam
    from a working machine...
    I have a mpc 3502 that wont clear with new fuser belt assembly,good thermisters and new pico fuse"stays at 5 ohms" nor from 5810_1 nor 2".
    I have access to a mpc 3002 that i can either part out or use anyway i like..
    any input appreciated
    try this

    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    As i know that doesn´t work, cause the serial# is inbeded in the NVRAM-datas.
    Greetings...
    thnx
    from what i have done on the mpc3501/mpc3001 series one could rewrite
    the sn# using super sp mode..........
    i have not done much on 02s series except basic maintenance..


  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    try this
    thanks,i will try this tommrw and hope i get this machine back running..
    my local guy has never seen any fuser reset issues and its good to see
    someone come up with their fix..
    did you do this because your new picofuse refused to open?
    or to swap a used fuser on a sc coded machine?


  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    porto
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    thanks,i will try this tommrw and hope i get this machine back running..
    my local guy has never seen any fuser reset issues and its good to see
    someone come up with their fix..
    did you do this because your new picofuse refused to open?
    or to swap a used fuser on a sc coded machine?

    i had never try with the fuse, i always do with this tool.
    but in one machine the AC controler board was damage ,and the code can not be reset until fix the AC board.


  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    blazebusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    From NY--- live in San Diego , Ca.
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    i had never try with the fuse, i always do with this tool.
    but in one machine the AC controler board was damage ,and the code can not be reset until fix the AC board.
    I agree----after trying to reset ----If you are still struggling with resetting that error code it may indeed be the AC controller board or some other board issue. I would start by checking/reseating the connectors and ribbon cable on the boards. Here is a troubleshooting guide that might help you:

    Fuser codes Mpc 3002 3502.pdf

    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-27-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    hi thanks to all...
    i just made my reset jig with a mpc2051 side door interlock and a 1013 thermister connector.
    i will ck all board connections upon return and hope what fellow techs have shared does the job..


  9. #9
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    7,052
    Rep Power
    152

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    i had never try with the fuse, i always do with this tool.
    but in one machine the AC controler board was damage ,and the code can not be reset until fix the AC board.
    In all cases the error will not clear or be immediately detected again if the original cause of the error is not yet fixed.


  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: can I copy a mpc 3002 nvram to a mpc 3502??

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In all cases the error will not clear or be immediately detected again if the original cause of the error is not yet fixed.
    I am glad to say that was not the case here.
    i returned to accnt with a push switch wired to same male connector for the pico fuse.
    On my 1st try it failed with 5810-2 and i ended up doing this again after pulling/reseating and cking all the board connections and flat cable,front 2 thermopiles behind fuser unit.
    I finally got it to read "completed" not that danm "FAILED" I had come to expect.
    It seems you need to hold the switch for about 2-3 seconds after hitting execute.
    if you hold it too long or little it fails.
    I was a happy tech walking out after running about 300 copies to confirm
    it was ok.
    I will return next week to copy the nvram data on an sd card to keep on hand as i will with the mpc 3002
    i ended up buying in case i needed to swap boards out
    thanks to all.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here