Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Pro c651 toner cartridges problem

After a correct Toner end condition (empty bottle) the m/c is accepting the new bottle (full on the panel) but for some reason after a number of copies you have again the toner end message.If you replace the toner again with a different catridge then everything is ok.
    After seeing this a couple of times and start checking i found that the problem is that for some reason after the new toner installation the toner pump clutch is "locked".Everything else is working toner supply clutch, toner motor , bottle motor except pump clutch.If you test the clutch manually with the output modes is working fine . Even you can fill the hopper mannually if you use a combination in the output modes.
    I believe the m/c is locking only the toner pump clutch for some reason, may be from the serial number of the catridge if the production date is too old.Just a guessing...
    All the toners we using are OEM and purchased from Ricoh.
    Anyone experienced this problem before

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Re: Pro c651 toner cartridges problem

Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post
    After a correct Toner end condition (empty bottle) the m/c is accepting the new bottle (full on the panel) but for some reason after a number of copies you have again the toner end message.If you replace the toner again with a different catridge then everything is ok.
    After seeing this a couple of times and start checking i found that the problem is that for some reason after the new toner installation the toner pump clutch is "locked".Everything else is working toner supply clutch, toner motor , bottle motor except pump clutch.If you test the clutch manually with the output modes is working fine . Even you can fill the hopper mannually if you use a combination in the output modes.
    I believe the m/c is locking only the toner pump clutch for some reason, may be from the serial number of the catridge if the production date is too old.Just a guessing...
    What version firmware is on that machine? There was an issue with toner end conditions that Ricoh addressed with a firmware update. Not sure if that's what's going on with your unit but the bulletin reads :

The “Pre Near End” Alert Message that appears on the Operation Panel tends to cause the users to replacethe toner bottler earlier than the appropriate timings, and as a result, toner could be wasted. The newfirmware will delay the display of “Pre Near End” to correspond with the “near end” alert timing

Please update the Engine Firmware to the following version on your next service visit to version 1.66:04 or newer

For models RICOH – PRO C651EX/PRO C751EX/PRO C751

BULLETIN NUMBER: D074/D075/M044 – 050

The most current engine firmware is version 1.70.04
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

All the firmwares are uptoday and that firmware was installed years ago to just save some toner.The problem happened in 3 different machines and with all the different colours.Something similar was happening in the old mpc 6501 series.All the values related to toner density are within the normal range but the machine for some reason refuses to add toner from the bottle to the hopper eventhough the toner end sensor reads 1.On the other hand the toner supply clutch is energised tosupply toner from the hopper to the dev unit.Pump clutch is definetely ok (from the output modes) and because when you replace the cartridge to a likeable one the it starts working.
    Strange times

Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post

Did u ever resolve this problem i have same problem as you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Problem was found with the toner pump, working but not feeding enough toner in the correct time to fill the toner hopper.

I have a problem exactly the same, but already installed a new pump. In your case, did it work only with a new toner bottle? how many pump did you have to replace?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocolomino View Post
    I have a problem exactly the same, but already installed a new pump. In your case, did it work only with a new toner bottle? how many pump did you have to replace?
    Thus is a three year old thread. It was dead and buried. Start a new one grave robber.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocolomino View Post

Hello Fabio ! Did you solved the problem , i have the problem with ricoh pro c651ex.
    Can you help if you solved it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Thus is a three year old thread. It was dead and buried. Start a new one grave robber.
    Literally already in the thread...