Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question PLOCKMATIC BK5030 BK151 Fault in area. Power off and on. Need to buy service manual

Hi guys, just obtained this unit, at power on, flashes the regular screen, goes to "close cover" message and in about 10sec comes up with BK151 fault in the area, power off and on. It does not specify any area other that "warning sign" in the middle of the unit. If you know what it means, please reply. also, I need to work with these bookletmakers, i.e. be able to troubleshoot, adjust them, etc. If someone has a service manual or copier's manual that covers this unit - I'd really appreciate if you could share it, not free obviously.
    Thanks in advance.
    Roman.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    PLOCKMATIC BK5030 BK151 Fault in area. Power off and on. Need to buy service manual

Re: PLOCKMATIC BK5030 BK151 Fault in area. Power off and on. Need to buy service manu

PM me with an email address. For now as to your error:
    BK-151
    Fault Code BK-151, indicates that the 36V input is low.
    Initial Actions
    Check fuse F3.
    Check the Voltage protection plug P7 on the interlock PCB. The resistance must be grater
    than MOhm.
    Make sure that contact P8 on interlock PCB is correctly installed.
    Make sure that contact P12 on controller PCB is correctly installed
    Make sure that the transformer in the machine is wired correctly.
    Procedure
    Measure incoming voltage on Rectifier (White and Blue). The voltage is approximately 26V?
    Y N
    Replace transformer
    Measure outgoing voltage on rectifier (Red and Black). The voltage is approximately 36V?
    Y N
    Replace Rectifier.
    Power off the machine. Measure between the black connector on the Rectifier and P6-3 on interlock PCB.
    Is there continuity?
    Y N
    Replace wire Harness.
    Measure between the red connector on the Rectifier and P6-1 on interlock PCB. Is there continuity?
    Y N
    Replace wire harness.
    Replace interlock PCB.

I have also had the mount bracket for the cover interlock board bend down over time and caused the interlock circuit to not sequence properly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: PLOCKMATIC BK5030 BK151 Fault in area. Power off and on. Need to buy service manu

Hi, Thanks, i will check following your advice, I don't have it connected to the machine - rather as stand alone unit. If you have an experience with these guys, do you think it is looking for connection to the main unit? I mean, I did not think of that because other identical machine did not cry about any "Interlocks" etc. and it was not connected to anything other than trimmer. I see there is a photo-pair sensor in the bottom. I did removed it off the frame and tape it up and I had it placed over reflective metal panel, both actions did not make any difference, may be it is looking for something, like a reflector, within specific distance?
    In this: "I have also had the mount bracket for the cover interlock board bend down over time and caused the interlock circuit to not sequence properly", what do you mean by interlock board?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    PLOCKMATIC BK5030 BK151 Fault in area. Power off and on. Need to buy service manual

Quote Originally Posted by unlimitedbt;578571[COLOR=#333333
    what do you mean by interlock board?[/COLOR]
    The interlock for the top you lift to access the power switch is a small circuit board.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Its a miracle! after boiling my brains for a little while, I learned that there is "Terminator" on the white 2 pin connector on other machine, plugged it in and BK-151 was gone! But BK-08 came up. It is a side jogger motor error... I saw it attempting to move 1/4" yesterday every time I power cycled the unit and before error came up but today it is a motionless. The joggers travel freely all the way - I turned the power off and moved them by hand. In service mode I could see that home sensor reacts to me moving side joggers by hand so it is operational. In the same service icon, it shower voltage going up to, like 7V but no motion of the joggers. Do you have any idea what, likely, to be the cause?
    Thank you.

Hi All, I seem to be stuck with a similar problem I'm wondering if it is the same some how. Plockmatic Bk 5030 with trimmer and bookfold unit set up as a stand alone. on powering up it initializes then goes to fault code: BK-159 Fault in area, power off and on. Picture just shows machine with exclamation mark inside triangle. Is this the same problem or am I in the wrong place? Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shango215 View Post
    Hi All, I seem to be stuck with a similar problem I'm wondering if it is the same some how. Plockmatic Bk 5030 with trimmer and bookfold unit set up as a stand alone. on powering up it initializes then goes to fault code: BK-159 Fault in area, power off and on. Picture just shows machine with exclamation mark inside triangle. Is this the same problem or am I in the wrong place? Thanks
    Start a new thread or you might be ignored.