Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Unhappy Ricoh 1060 finisher 860

I have a client with a ricoh 1060 and an 860 finisher that will not fold her news letter exactly in half. I have adjusted the thing both ways to sunday,the paper is even but folded off center askew about 3 or 4 centameters,no adjustment corrects it one way or the other. A stupid question.. Do the folding rollers get worn out unevenly?Its the only thing i can think that is causing this.any suggestions on how to test this before i replace them only to have it not be the issue?

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Have you tried adjusting for single fold skew using SP 6 903? I have replaced the rollers you are talking about on other saddle-stitch finishers, but not this one. My assumption would be that they would wear out just like the others I have seen.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    run the sorter with the doo open after the copies have stacked watch the trail edge and seeif it buckles up the means the side joggers arnt square adj the rear fence only this should help use A3 paper when doing this also check the tenson of the jogger fence drive belt as this can make the jogger not stop at the correct positon and also check that the tenson of the belt that drives the copies up this is often too ligth as it gets damaged after a paper jam the idle tenson roller only needs a small adjustment good luck love these sorters (not)

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Have you tried cleaning the fold and associated rollers? I've had Minolta finishers just need some cleaning to fix varying alignment issues.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Red face 860 finisher

Thanks everybody for the fixes
    i will let you know what worked when i get back to work