Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Printing 7x16 in tray #2? HELP!!!

I have a customer that needs to run odd ball sizes like 7x16 out of the universal tray #2. When I set it for a custom size it will not show up on driver as the size I programed in the copier(7x16). Also, if I set it to Auto Detect it will not show on copier screen the odd size as well. I'm sure this is how the machine is set up but I need to change. Any help would be appreciated! MPC6003 byt

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: Printing 7x16 in tray #2? HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    I have a customer that needs to run odd ball sizes like 7x16 out of the universal tray #2. When I set it for a custom size it will not show up on driver as the size I programed in the copier(7x16). Also, if I set it to Auto Detect it will not show on copier screen the odd size as well. I'm sure this is how the machine is set up but I need to change. Any help would be appreciated! MPC6003 byt
    Auto detect only works for standard paper sizes. As to the driver they will have to create a printing profile that has tray 2 set as the size they want, or they will have to specify custom size each time they wish to print. I don't believe the driver can know what custom size is in each try unlike with standard sizes.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Paper sizes available in the print driver are set when the driver was written. If you need to use a custom paper size from a specific tray, you need to create the paper size in the software being used and you need to change from machine setting to Driver/Command in User Tools for that tray.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Auto detect only works for standard paper sizes. As to the driver they will have to create a printing profile that has tray 2 set as the size they want, or they will have to specify custom size each time they wish to print. I don't believe the driver can know what custom size is in each try unlike with standard sizes.
    Did some additional checking. Go to the Advanced Options tab in Printer Properties. Click the Register Custom Paper Size button. Select one of the custom sizes and enter your needed width and length. Once you have entered the desired size you must click the Modify button. After clicking Modify you will see the new size in the custom size list.

You can now open Preferences, select the custom size you modified, select the paper tray you want to use and make any other changes on the Detailed Settings tab you need for this job. Once all settings are as needed, click Register Current Settings and give it a name. That name will now appear on the presets tab. You can then select the preset and all settings will be set.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Awesome job Slimslob! Worked like a champ. I do think the size actuator in tray 2 is not working properly though. When I put her weird 7x16 paper in it registers 11x17. Ok fine, but when I do the same on the MPC5502 it comes up 8 1/2x14. ?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    Awesome job Slimslob! Worked like a champ. I do think the size actuator in tray 2 is not working properly though. When I put her weird 7x16 paper in it registers 11x17. Ok fine, but when I do the same on the MPC5502 it comes up 8 1/2x14. ?
    You have to change the paper size in User Tools - System Settings - Paper.