Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Rex Rotary pro 1357ex copy quality issue.

I have copy quality issue for Rex Rotary pro 1357ex, the machine indicates toner replacement and both toner banks need new toner as it has two toner cartridge. I only replaced 1 and make a copy..the copy was good but after 2 weeks the copy becomes light. Now I need to run the toner replenishment every time the copy becomes light to make it dark. I am not familiar with this machine although it has similarities with Ricoh aficio 9000. Do I need to replace the developer? I need your valuable advice guys... Thanks..

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: Rex Rotary pro 1357ex copy quality issue.

Quote Originally Posted by atech View Post
    I have copy quality issue for Rex Rotary pro 1357ex, the machine indicates toner replacement and both toner banks need new toner as it has two toner cartridge. I only replaced 1 and make a copy..the copy was good but after 2 weeks the copy becomes light. Now I need to run the toner replenishment every time the copy becomes light to make it dark. I am not familiar with this machine although it has similarities with Ricoh aficio 9000. Do I need to replace the developer? I need your valuable advice guys... Thanks..
    What's the meter on the developer and other pm parts? Is the ID sensor clean? Are they using the machine withing the expected volume of use?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Rex Rotary pro 1357ex copy quality issue.

If Toner Supply Mode SP 2208 is set to 1, pixel count, machine will tend to under tone.

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    What's the meter on the developer and other pm parts? Is the ID sensor clean? Are they using the machine withing the expected volume of use?
    The total copy is almost 1 million, around 960k. I think the machine has not been replaced with new developer ever since. Is it okay if only one toner bank is filled with toner and the other is empty or do I need to fill both?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If Toner Supply Mode SP 2208 is set to 1, pixel count, machine will tend to under tone.
    No, it was set to 0, sensor.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atech View Post
    The total copy is almost 1 million, around 960k. I think the machine has not been replaced with new developer ever since. Is it okay if only one toner bank is filled with toner and the other is empty or do I need to fill both?
    Developer is rated at a 500k life. Given that if it has never been changed the developer could easily be five years old I don't think you'd be out much changing it.

As for the toner bottle the user manual says to always put new bottles in the lower position first. "Be sure to set the new toner bottle in the lower hole first "

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Developer is rated at a 500k life. Given that if it has never been changed the developer could easily be five years old I don't think you'd be out much changing it.

As for the toner bottle the user manual says to always put new bottles in the lower position first. "Be sure to set the new toner bottle in the lower hole first "
    In case of developer replacement, I'd like to know the procedure specially during developer calibration, could you provide me simulations.. Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Batman1976's Avatar

RTFM!!!!!