Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MP 4054 question on toner sensor

I have a MP 4054 that has been overtoning to the point that the prints feel like braille (exaggerating a little bit). When I go to sp 3702-001 and hit execute it comes up FAIL. I tried this on a MP 3554 and same result. According to the manual I should be getting a voltage reading from the toner sensor without engaging the engine. Is this correct? This is a new sensor thinking that was the cause. Also followed Ricoh's suggestion of doing the installation procedure after the dv unit was replaced. I am waiting to hear back from the client as she will let me know if the condition returns immediately. Could this possibly be a board problem?

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: MP 4054 question on toner sensor

Quote Originally Posted by dacjkhadley View Post
    I have a MP 4054 that has been overtoning to the point that the prints feel like braille (exaggerating a little bit). When I go to sp 3702-001 and hit execute it comes up FAIL. I tried this on a MP 3554 and same result. According to the manual I should be getting a voltage reading from the toner sensor without engaging the engine. Is this correct? This is a new sensor thinking that was the cause. Also followed Ricoh's suggestion of doing the installation procedure after the dv unit was replaced. I am waiting to hear back from the client as she will let me know if the condition returns immediately. Could this possibly be a board problem?
    Assuming you mean 3074 ID Sens check :exe, which is what the 54 I have next to has it also fails on my machine which is brand new out of box.