Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Is there a tool to remotely view the op panel from a computer?

I'm pretty sure I've seen one before just can't remember the name or where to get it from.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Is there a tool to remotely view the op panel from a computer?

SOP (Smart Operation Panel) Designer. not sure if it's available for download unless you can sign into the Ricoh TSRC site.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

VNC viewer works pretty good for the sharps I work on

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

You can view the op panel display through the WIM on all recent models. It’s just under the configuration selection once logged in as an admin.

Quite handy. You can right click on the image, and it will be saved as a .png file.

However, just which models have it is hit-or-miss if the machine is more than a few years old. For instance, none of the 4.3” screen models have it.

It either has the ability, or it doesn’t, no way to add it with an app or firmware.

Quite a few years back, well before it was in WIM, there was a licensed tool from Ricoh, that was supplied only by request. As I recall, it actually attached itself to the processor ID of the PC it was installed on. Plus a switch had to be flipped in SP, and only from the control panel, not remotely.

Ricoh stopped issuing that tool some years back once machines started getting it in WIM.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Is there a tool to remotely view the op panel from a computer?

Quick pic.

• Camel SL (serverless) built in
    • SOP G2 panels only
    • Latest firmware required.

Looks like you need to install the Remote Panel Operation / Sharing Screen app but it does not look like Ricoh have officially launch it yet.

*There is a application version available, but it's not free of charge (annual license fee).
    Last edited by Cipher; 10-15-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

Quick pic.

• Camel SL (serverless) built in
    • SOP G2 panels only
    • Latest firmware required.

Looks like you need to install the Remote Panel Operation / Sharing Screen app but it does not look like Ricoh have officially launch it yet.

*There is a application version available, but it's not free of charge (annual license fee).
    I’ve heard of this, but not yet seen it. I hear it not only views the screen, but allows control of it, too.

Unfortunately, when these great tools come about, they are almost inevitably only for the newest models, and anyone who could really use it for machines more than just a year or two old (sometimes even less), is SOL.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins