Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP c7500 Developer Intake Fan SC 570

Hiya. I have a MP c7500 Developer Intake Fan SC 570 issue. I don’t normally do these machines now as moved onto newer machines.

Can someone help help me with the location of the intake fan for the developers. On the 6502 series they are in the hopper but in the MP c7500 Manual it does not say and this machine is different. I assumed it’s one of the fans on the face plate. I have changed these so it seems not to be.

Any advise be on the location of the fan and sc 570 that would be gratefully received.

Thanks. Tim.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MP c7500 Developer Intake Fan SC 570

There are 4 or 5 fans in the toner hopper, this code can sometimes be cause by the fan harness being pinched by the lugs on the faceplate. There was a modified board to fit to it to stop this happening also.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hiya. The thing is even with the hopper off it comes up with the code. Is the board inside the machine or on the hopper? Thanks for getting back.

Tim.

Yeah, the 570 is usually caused by the hopper being off the machine but I've seen it with it on when the harnesses get nibbled. The modified board is on the hopper itself.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Harness looks ok. I have just reset the hard drive and it worked again. Did copies etc. Switched the machine on and off and now back to sc570 so it must be a dodgy board. Frustrating as I slung a few hoppers away a while back.

The harnesses look fine, it's where they are pinched on the faceplate that causes the issue. Check on my-ricoh and see if you can find the RTB for the correct way to route them.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hiya. I have had a look at the wires and nothing is pinched so it must be the board on the hopper causing the issue. There was an update for the engine which I have done so that is my only choice.

thanks for the advice.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi thought I would update on this query. I replaced the board in the Hopper and that seemed to solve it for a day then it came back. I then replaced the whole Toner hopper and still no joy. The customer was getting desperate so I have sorted them a MPC 8002 now so hopefully a nice welcome upgrade with clean reliability.

Thanks for all the advice.

Tim.