Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printable area

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Printable area

Re: Printable area

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. Some may have mis-understood when I said full bleed (my mistake in terminology, sorry) , I mean't simply 'A4 full page print' - solid, with the default blank area, as in a solid photo set to print 'full page photo' option, not true edge to edge. These full page prints tend to jam in mpc5000's and mpc2500's fusers a lot.
    Slimslob's answer is what I was looking for, SP2103 margin erase, to vary the printable area up to 9mm. Many thanks for that. Didn't realise that the stripper plates are coated with teflon, very interesting info. I suppose that applies to all mpc's with a stripper plate ? How can you tell if the teflon coating is worn off then ?

To the suggestion of setting thick paper settings when printing, this can be rather impractical, such as an internet cafe that has 15 computers connected to the printer, they cannot instruct each customer to print 'thick paper' setting if they print one type and normal if they print another type. They just want to click on the 'print' and collect their print.
    I learned about the stripper plate in a reply debz1964 made to a post on exit jamming a few years ago. If there is any toner build up on the edge of the plate, the coating has worn off.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Thanks for all the replies. Some may have mis-understood when I said full bleed (my mistake in terminology, sorry) , I mean't simply 'A4 full page print' - solid, with the default blank area, as in a solid photo set to print 'full page photo' option, not true edge to edge. These full page prints tend to jam in mpc5000's and mpc2500's fusers a lot.
    Slimslob's answer is what I was looking for, SP2103 margin erase, to vary the printable area up to 9mm. Many thanks for that. Didn't realise that the stripper plates are coated with teflon, very interesting info. I suppose that applies to all mpc's with a stripper plate ? How can you tell if the teflon coating is worn off then ?

To the suggestion of setting thick paper settings when printing, this can be rather impractical, such as an internet cafe that has 15 computers connected to the printer, they cannot instruct each customer to print 'thick paper' setting if they print one type and normal if they print another type. They just want to click on the 'print' and collect their print.

If they are running thick paper they have to set the machine appropriately or it just wont' fuse toner and toner will start adhering to the fusing sleeve. and other fuser parts. The realities of copier operation don't bend to customer whimsy. There is a point at which they will start getting toner flaking off the paper and ghosting.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Printable area

In order for them to be able to just click 'print' and collect their print, then everyone has to put print on the same type and size paper.