Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Aficio 2060 SC553 & 569

Got a Martini-C2 with SC553, reset code, checked thermistors, switched machine back on then got SC569.

Stripped out and examined all fuser components, thermistors recently replaced, pressure contact mechanism working correctly, cleaned sensor, lamp wires intact and insulation okay, at a bit of a loss really, I've just stuck approx 1500 copies through it and it's not even batted an eyelid!

Ideas please!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

deadman

Some Ideas

Here are some ideas from Gooses Guide

B140-B143/B163/B228SC 553Fusing end thermister error - replace PSU
    B140-B143/B163/B228SC 553Fusing thermister error - replace BCU pcb
    B140-B143/B163/B228SC 553Fusing thernister error - code then please wait, Short in fusing lamp harness dammaged NVRam

B140-B143/B163/B228SC 569Pressure roller lift motor defectiveB140-B143/B163/B228SC 569replace fuse FU107 on PSU

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

sc 569 - Deja vu

Hello again
    I put up a post yesterday that has been lost to the ether that is the interweb.....so I'll repost it here again, mainly coz someone called DCKM sent me an answer, but that too is now floating out there in inner space.... So if you see this could you resend your messege, thanks....

So here goes,
    I have a LD175, which has in the past thrown up sc 569, I have replaced the pressure motor and sensor. It has been quite happy for the last 4 -6 months but the dreaded error code has started again, So I was just wondering if anyone has had the same or similar problem....

Thanks all

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Check that the exhaust fan for the fuser, which is located at the rear of the machine ( right hand side) is clear of any dust/fluff etc...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Also try this

Discussion
    Main Topic

Subject:

SC553

Model:

Martini C2

Fault:- SC553 that the service manual describes as:-

Machine was displaying SC code on arrival, reset code and machine worked long enough to print SMC data sheet before throwing up code again. I then checked the continuity of the thermosfuses and replaced the thermistors AW100052 and AW100109 to no avail. Ordered PSU AZ240093, again replacement didn't fix fault. Resetting the code allowed the machine to work for a seemingly random amount of time before throwing up the code again. Stripped fuser to check continuity of the fusing lamps at which point I noticed the following...

Cause:- Top fusing lamp wire (one with white connector at either end) misrouted too close to the hot roller gear causing the outer insulation to fray and the inner conductor to be exposed.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio 2060 SC553 & 569

Yow! I saw that one time too.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It was a bugger of a fault when I got it escalated to me, round and round in circles until I discovered it.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I've had a few techs pinch the lamp wires when doing a rebuild. Try swapping in another fuser to rule out the assembly. If that's not an option, remove two metal covers on the rear of the fuser (the one with 3 screws and the other by the paper sensor connector that covers the blue and green connectors). Run the machine with out the covers in place to see if it's a pinched wire.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Thumbs up Error code

Hi Guys
    Sorry for not replying to your answers. I reset the machine and it has been happy since then, kind of. The DC motor in the duplex unit failed and had to replaced last week. So the customer has decided to replace the machine, unfortunately with a Sharp machine.... not one of ours....
    Thanks for all your input

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    I had this fault today too. Out of interest, the top lamp being frayed is one cause, however 569 can also refer to the small board on the photointerruptor on the front-right of the fuser being damaged. You know, the one which snaps when you forget to unplug the cables when removing the fuser...

Just for future reference as much as anything else.