Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Re: Ricoh naming convention?

A lot of our older machines were labeled as gestetner, then we switched to the lanier labels around the ld016 time, so i only know of them as a gest or lanier number, on the forums i still have to cross reference the ricoh model to the lanier model so i know what machine people are talking about. It has gotten easier lately with the model numbers going standard across the labels.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh naming convention?

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    A lot of our older machines were labeled as gestetner, then we switched to the lanier labels around the ld016 time, so i only know of them as a gest or lanier number, on the forums i still have to cross reference the ricoh model to the lanier model so i know what machine people are talking about. It has gotten easier lately with the model numbers going standard across the labels.
    Personally I would rather they use the Product Code. Older machine problems are easier to look up in Gooses Guide. Attached is a copy of Gooses Guide that has a cross reference for the older models. You might find it helpful.
    GG_Oct_2014.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Does anybody know if the Ricoh EDP code for consumables is the same across their brand range? We're 90% Ricoh here in Oz but occasionally you run into a Lanier and I get asked if the toners are interchangeable.
    - The old Ricoh EDP codes for consumables used to be different across Ricoh & NRG brand range.
    - The new Ricoh EDP codes for consumables are currently the same across Ricoh & NRG brand range.
    - The Ricoh EDP codes are not the same across Ricoh, Lanier, Savin & Infotec brand range.
    - All toners are interchangeable across all of these brands.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh naming convention?

Quote Originally Posted by hussam View Post
    - The old Ricoh EDP codes for consumables used to be different across Ricoh & NRG brand range.
    - The new Ricoh EDP codes for consumables are currently the same across Ricoh & NRG brand range.
    - The Ricoh EDP codes are not the same across Ricoh, Lanier, Savin & Infotec brand range.
    - All toners are interchangeable across all of these brands.
    In the US, they have started only accepting orders for the Ricoh EDP. Lanier, Savin other RFG brand EDPs no longer are allowed.