Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MAC user code issue

Hello all, Not sure if I should post here or connectivity but.... I have a real estate office with an MPC3502 and they all use MAC's (of course) and employ the user code function (of course). I added the drivers easily but when I search the drop downs in printer preferences I cannot find the Job Log function to add the user code. I was able to load the owners MAC (Sierra) about a year ago when I first installed the machine. That MAC has the Copies and Pages~Job Log tab as it should. The three I tried today (all 3 Sierra, all brand new) do not have the Job Log tab. Just seems to be missing completely from the installer. Frustrated......

Re: MAC user code issue

Are you setting the user code through the CUPS interface or directly into the print dialog?

Technician

I had that issue and it turned out to be Safari. Have you tried printing from a different app like Acrobat to see if the Job Log is there? Find it once and you can create the Preset.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I tried it though Word and Acrobat, no tabs in either one. I tried it at the driver level and through the print dialog, no dice.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I DID download the PPD installer from Ricoh through Safari.......I'll go back and try to download through Firefox or Chrome.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    I DID download the PPD installer from Ricoh through Safari.......I'll go back and try to download through Firefox or Chrome.
    I think my issue was specific to Safari not offering the option of the Job Log in the Print Dialog screen and not affecting the download. If you got the PPD from Ricoh it should be there. I just didn't get the job Log printing from safari app itself.