Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP c8002 A3 double click

I have deleted my question Zaxxon. May as well yours Phil.

Tim.
    Last edited by Timmytronic; 10-27-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP c8002 A3 double click

Quote Originally Posted by Timmytronic View Post
    Hi. I have a few Ricoh’s MP c8002’s and 6502’s and they are double clicking for A3. The customers are moaning. On he older machines it gave you the option to make it a single click but on the this machine I can’t seem to find it. Is there a secret key you need to press like on the old school ones.

Thanks loads.

Tim.
    SP 5104 A3/DLT Double count. Set to 0 to disable. This setting is in SPECIAL SP mode. So don't forget to hold pound when you hit system.

Having said that it should be enabled as the meters on Ricohs count in the number of letter or A4 sized paper that goes through and paper that is twice the size should count twice. But I guess that is between you and your customer to sort out.

IF they ware whining they must either be running a lot A3 paper and want to swindle you or they are penny pinching misers.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

are they under contract for the number of clicks? IF SO.. disabling the double click is going to screw your company.
    if they are just a parts/labor customer.. then do it.
    check with your HDIC.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

It's a bad idea to give these sp free in a public forum, Your undermines all of us...

Please delete.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    It's a bad idea to give these sp free in a public forum, Your undermines all of us...

Please delete.
    \

how so? the original poster is a tech... he is trying to help his customer.. but basically both techs that replied have commented AGAINST changing the double count ... THIS is what this site is all about ... helping other techs with their problems.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks Phil

I do feel it should be a single click with no option, I am an independent and double click takes a lot away from me in Toner and parts, half if they did everything A3. I don't think having this here is an issue as most people will struggle to get into the system in the first place and then find it.

Thanks loads and hope they have a good weekend.

Tim

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    \

how so? the original poster is a tech... he is trying to help his customer.. but basically both techs that replied have commented AGAINST changing the double count ... THIS is what this site is all about ... helping other techs with their problems.
    Now it is easy for ANY Ricoh user worldwide to change A3 double count to single and reduce our profit with 50%

Am I the only one seeing this???

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Now it is easy for ANY Ricoh user worldwide to change A3 double count to single and reduce our profit with 50%

Am I the only one seeing this???
    That genie is long long lonnnnngg out of the bottle. There is at least one other thread on this forum from 2010 explaining how to do this, and I bet with a half hour of searching you could find many elsewhere. Finding the service mode code is jokingly easy. Besides, security by obscurity is no security at all.

If you really think your customers are trying to screw you then just check it every service visit or note the last time someone logged into SP mode. If it doesn't follow with service records then you can have a friendly chat with your customer. If you are really concerned you can set the supervisor password on the machine, then create a second admin account that has authority over the service mode lock and enable service mode lock and then nobody without the password can get in. That's REAL security. It's also a pain though.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

In most newer Models, including the C6502/C8002 I believe it has been moved to Factory SP mode as have a number of other frequent tech used settings.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh MP c8002 A3 double click

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    \

hi sir

have agood day

I have device wide format mpw6700 Ricoh as you know reading the meter counter is in meters .. I want the sp mode that converts the reading from meters to A4

best regards