Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Scotty9876

Savin CLP17 message 486

I replaced the black PCU but I am still getting the code. Any other ideas?

You have already replaced the BK PCU so this should rule it out as the source of your problem.

The error SC 486 indicates a BK Solenoid Error. Have you gone into SP mode and turnd ON the BK Solenoid (SP5-804-021)? You should be able to hear it come ON for 1 second. If not, check CN21 between the Engine Control Board and the BK Solenoid. There should be 24volts on Pin 3 and Pin 1 is ground (on the ECB).

You may have a faulty Engine Control Board. Try reseating the connector, especially CN21.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bowen View Post
    You have already replaced the BK PCU so this should rule it out as the source of your problem.

The error SC 486 indicates a BK Solenoid Error. Have you gone into SP mode and turnd ON the BK Solenoid (SP5-804-021)? You should be able to hear it come ON for 1 second. If not, check CN21 between the Engine Control Board and the BK Solenoid. There should be 24volts on Pin 3 and Pin 1 is ground (on the ECB).

You may have a faulty Engine Control Board. Try reseating the connector, especially CN21.
    I've had a few of these buggers go. Only resolution is to replace the entire main drive unit.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.