Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh SP 5210 Toner Cartridge rebuild

I have rebuilt several cartridges and replace drum/toner/ blade/ chip. I have a few that have failed. Where rt side of copy has lines and is light and rest of copies look good. I look into this and found that toner plate that is to add toner to foam roller has a build up of toner so it doesn't supply enough toner to roller. The only way to clear it is to pull mag roller/ foam roller/ developer regulator plate. This will give you access to plate so you can vacuum it. Reason i know is from replacing each individual item and then testing till the problem went away.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh SP 5210 Toner Cartridge rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    I have rebuilt several cartridges and replace drum/toner/ blade/ chip. I have a few that have failed. Where rt side of copy has lines and is light and rest of copies look good. I look into this and found that toner plate that is to add toner to foam roller has a build up of toner so it doesn't supply enough toner to roller. The only way to clear it is to pull mag roller/ foam roller/ developer regulator plate. This will give you access to plate so you can vacuum it. Reason i know is from replacing each individual item and then testing till the problem went away.
    I was rebuilding them myself for a while until I began experiencing issues. I found rebuilding the cartridges very labour intensive -even before going to the trouble of pulling the mag roller. I've since found a source for a remanufactured cartidge that has proven reliable, and the additional cost is more than offset by the time I save, and reduced calls for defects.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Many years ago, I used to do that, rebuild cartridges, nowadays don't even consider it, the cartridge you are talking about can be had for under 40.00, why even bother to spend the time and money on materials to rebuild? Unless there absolutely nothing else to do, not being disrespectful, just saying.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Many years ago, I used to do that, rebuild cartridges, nowadays don't even consider it, the cartridge you are talking about can be had for under 40.00, why even bother to spend the time and money on materials to rebuild? Unless there absolutely nothing else to do, not being disrespectful, just saying.

Sometimes it's worth the effort for those that can't get parts direct from Ricoh. Other sources can be pretty expensive.

ESTANISLAOWENENTON

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Sometimes it's worth the effort for those that can't get parts direct from Ricoh. Other sources can be pretty expensive.
    Could you tell us where you get it at that price of 40.00 please?

thank you very much

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ESTANISLAOWENENTON View Post
    Could you tell us where you get it at that price of 40.00 please?

thank you very much
    Maybe not rebuilt cartridges for $40.00, but still less than time and materials to rebuild one and these are new. And this is just one source that I found with a quick internet search.
    Ricoh Aficio SP 5210SR Toner Cartridge - 25,000 Pages - QuikShip Toner

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We can rebuild them for about $50.00 that is parts and labor. Once you learn how to rebuild them doesn't take that long. We originally tried after market ones from 2 different company's they would work but some would fail also. we look on ebay and sometimes find a good deal on oem cartridge.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Look into Supply Wholesalers, good cartridges and all guaranteed, have not any problems as of yet with the one's I have been purchasing.

ESTANISLAOWENENTON

the reconstruction that I do costs me:
    10 the drum
    5 the chip
    10 1 kilo toner
    3 the blade
    and let's say my labor is 12 dollars

ah, as I almost never contribute because I do not have great knowledge about it here I spend a

the universal samsung toner serves

regards