Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3300 got zapped, no printing, copying,says "Loading" when fax button pushed

Ricoh MP C3300 got zapped, no printing, copying,says "Loading" when fax button pushed

Hello, The machine had a power surge to it over a weekend and now I cannot log into WIM, there is an orange light on the controller but no green. I can use the display to see the counter. When you press start to make a copy the start button light stays red and does not turn to green. When you press the fax button it just says "loading on the display". No response when pressing the printer button. Could anyone direct me as to which board or boards got damaged? Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C3300 got zapped, no printing, copying,says "Loading" when fax button pu

Try HDD format

Sent from my I9195I using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C3300 got zapped, no printing, copying,says "Loading" when fax button pu

I'm not sure which board necessarily, but it sounds to me like the fax unit could be the root cause.
    Try a reboot with fax unit removed.
    If no luck, then I'd also remove the print/ scan features, and HDD and see if things change

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Can you ping the C3300? Have you checked the network settings? The power surge may have scrambled them. Try connecting a laptop directly to the C330. Try clearing Web Service/Network application SP 5801-010 and NCS SP 581-011. You will have to reenter IP settings. Check the IEEE 802.11 has not somehow gotten turned on.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I'm not sure which board necessarily, but it sounds to me like the fax unit could be the root cause.
    Try a reboot with fax unit removed.
    This is what I would do. I've seen this issue before. Try initializing the fax sram first, it may fix it. If it does, you will have to reenter fax initial setup data.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Thank you guys, will apply the suggestions and let you know what I find. Will be going back in the next few days.