Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    city
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Talking ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Hi,

    I have a ricoh aficio 1027 copier but cannot use ricoh smart device software to print.
    Is there any other free software I can use for this model copier to print on android phone.

    Thanks,
    alvin


  2. #2
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    7,000
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Since the Aficio 1027 does not support an SOP and therefore cannot connect by NFS, Blue Tooth or QR connection, you have to be connected WIFI to the local network the 1027 is on. You might try using Ricoh Smart Device Print&Scan to initial setup the printer. Launch, if you get a message about Smart Device Connector importing settings from Print&Scan app hit cancel, select settings, select devices, select Search Devcs at bottom of screen, select Bonjour/Host Name/IP Address Search, enter the device IP Address or Host name and press search. If it can't find the device, then it is too old to be compatible.


  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    city
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Since the Aficio 1027 does not support an SOP and therefore cannot connect by NFS, Blue Tooth or QR connection, you have to be connected WIFI to the local network the 1027 is on. You might try using Ricoh Smart Device Print&Scan to initial setup the printer. Launch, if you get a message about Smart Device Connector importing settings from Print&Scan app hit cancel, select settings, select devices, select Search Devcs at bottom of screen, select Bonjour/Host Name/IP Address Search, enter the device IP Address or Host name and press search. If it can't find the device, then it is too old to be compatible.
    Hi slimslob,

    It can detect the device after connecting with wifi on the same local network the 1027 is on, but when I wanted to print a document the led print light on for a while on the 1027 then goes off without printing out the document.

    Alvin.


  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    7,000
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Quote Originally Posted by ttean View Post
    Hi slimslob,

    It can detect the device after connecting with wifi on the same local network the 1027 is on, but when I wanted to print a document the led print light on for a while on the 1027 then goes off without printing out the document.

    Alvin.
    That sounds like user authentication is turned on for the 1027.


  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    city
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That sounds like user authentication is turned on for the 1027.
    Hi slimslob,

    I have try on two units of same 1027 it shows the same results. There is no user code for this machine.
    Printing from windows computer no problem without user code.

    Thanks,
    alvin


  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts andrewdecruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    kuala lumpur, selangor
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Hi, sorry to say but this model is too old to support printing from the software Ricoh smart device. Only models from the 3 series range...I.e MP3010, 3030, AF3045 onwards can be use to print.


  7. #7
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    1,931
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Get the Hammermill print app from Google play. It works better than the Ricoh app.

    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  8. #8
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    7,000
    Rep Power
    151

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Get the Hammermill print app from Google play. It works better than the Ricoh app.
    Might be, but I just installed in my Galaxy S4 and it also requires downloaded a driver pack in order to work with my Epson WF-2750 which will take an additional 4MB of memory. That can add up if there are many more printers that require their own driver packs.


  9. #9
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    1,931
    Rep Power
    48

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    which will take an additional 4MB of memory.
    My phone came standard with 64 gigs plus another 30gb on my sd card. These days, 4mb aint much, especially if it's used for a primary task. With my present free memory I could install more than 23000 4mb driver packs. That's a LOT of printers.

    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GhostInTheMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: ricoh aficio 1027 cannot use ricoh smart device android software.

    You might also try the Mopria print app. I haven't tried it on anything that old but it has worked on almost everything I've tried so far.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here