Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC8002 J024 Error

Ricoh MPC8002 J024 Error

Hi!

I'm receiving this error each time I try to print using a 5.5x8.5" paper... I also received it printing the full page 8.5 x 11" the paper weight is 300gms but I also tried a 250gms and I had the same error.
    Any idea what could be?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC8002 J024 Error

Re: Ricoh MPC8002 J024 Error

Lead edge of paper is getting to the fusing exit sensor. Check the paper transport belt unit. I am assuming that the 8 1/2 X 11 is being fed LEF. The distance from the PTR to where the paper is between the fusing belt and pressure roller is slightly longer than 8.5 inches. There is a short time frame in which the PTB is the only thing driving the paper. Any slippage of the belt or loss of air flow on one or both of the fans will cause J024 for the 2 paper sizes you are having trouble with.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC8002 J024 Error

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Lead edge of paper is getting to the fusing exit sensor. Check the paper transport belt unit. I am assuming that the 8 1/2 X 11 is being fed LEF. The distance from the PTR to where the paper is between the fusing belt and pressure roller is slightly longer than 8.5 inches. There is a short time frame in which the PTB is the only thing driving the paper. Any slippage of the belt or loss of air flow on one or both of the fans will cause J024 for the 2 paper sizes you are having trouble with.
    I verified the belt and the fans and they look good... how ever I’m not sure if the fans are working... I think I will receive an error mesage if they are damage... right?

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

are they cut sheet papers? or just cut from any cutting machine? have you tried other brand perhaps or other paper with same gsm? i presume that paper source is bypass tray...
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC8002 J024 Error

Quote Originally Posted by imaginemoko View Post
    are they cut sheet papers? or just cut from any cutting machine? have you tried other brand perhaps or other paper with same gsm? i presume that paper source is bypass tray...
    Its is paper that I purchased 8.5 x 11... but this is only with the 300gms paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I had this exact issue with running #10 envelopes through this machine. The solution was to run the envelopes with the flap open long edge first, because we would get occasional jams otherwise.