Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SR 4060 won't staple

SR 4060 won't staple

MP 6002 with a SR4060 finisher, does not recognize staple cartridge. The stapler unit will seek home position but it does not try to feed staples at all. Checked wire harness connections, tried different cartridge. Could not get it to react in service mode either. Have rarely had any problems with stapler units. Any help appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SR 4060 won't staple

Re: SR 4060 won't staple

You most likely have a bad staple cartridge. Not the refills but the cartridge that they go into. Ricoh used to recommend 1 new cartridge for every 3 or 4 boxes of refills. That is a little excessive, but I like to have one in stock for when I encounter this problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SR 4060 won't staple

Thanks for the help slimslob. I had tried a different cartridge but it was a used one so I went back today with a new one and that fixed it. Thanks again!

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Thanks for the help slimslob. I had tried a different cartridge but it was a used one so I went back today with a new one and that fixed it. Thanks again!
    There is a small plastic flag that sticks off the bottom of the staple cartridge. That's how it detects the cartridge. They can break off fairly easily and not be noticed. Then the you will get no staple detection.