Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ra0135

MP C3504 - Java Issues & Update

Hi Everyone,

We have about 15 Ricoh MP C3504's in our environment that we'd like to run the Java version of PaperCut MF on (until they can support integrated scanning on the SmartSDK/SOP version of their app).

I've noticed that on our machines, Java always states "Starting Up" and never switches, in addition, PaperCut always states "Suspended", which I presume is due to Java not being started.

Can anyone provide any insight on fixing this issue?

Also, these machines are running Java version 12.47.01, can someone provide insight on how the Java Update Tool would work with these machines and perhaps what the latest version is?

I tried to sign up for my-ricoh.com, but it appears to be for non-US members only (already have a myricoh.com account, but nothing related to firmware or Java Upgrades seems to be listed there).

Many thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MP C3504 - Java Issues & Update

You will need to contact a Ricoh dealer or repair. They will be the ones who have access to the latest versions of Java and be able to properly update your machines, This is not a user function.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3504 - Java Issues & Update

Quote Originally Posted by ra0135 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We have about 15 Ricoh MP C3504's in our environment that we'd like to run the Java version of PaperCut MF on (until they can support integrated scanning on the SmartSDK/SOP version of their app).

I've noticed that on our machines, Java always states "Starting Up" and never switches,
    "Starting Up" is normal for when JAVA is running. It indicates the last operation from that screen, either "Starting Up" or "Stopping." If you click on it, it will toggle to "Stopping." You will then have to cycle power to start it back up. Again you will probably have to clicking on "Stopping" to toggle.

in addition, PaperCut always states "Suspended", which I presume is due to Java not being started.
    Try clicking on the line that says "Suspended."

Also, these machines are running Java version 12.47.01, can someone provide insight on how the Java Update Tool would work with these machines and perhaps what the latest version is?

I tried to sign up for my-ricoh.com, but it appears to be for non-US members only (already have a myricoh.com account, but nothing related to firmware or Java Upgrades seems to be listed there).

Many thanks!
    If you are with an authorized Ricoh dealership, contact your Ricoh dealer support to setup access to TSRC and rfg-esource. If you are an independent or end user, you will have to contact Ricoh direct support and request a service call.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My-ricoh.com is for EMEA based service techs, you want to get the MP C3405 Firmware including Cheetah and of course Java files updated as if anything like the Java they are on very old versions.

Technician

[QUOTE = ra0135; 583694]大家好,

在我们的环境中,我们有大约15台Ricoh MP C3504,希望运行PaperCut MF的Java版本(直到他们可以在SmartSDK / SOP版本的应用上支持集成扫描)。

我注意到,在我们的机器上,Java总是表示“正在启动”并且从不切换,此外,PaperCut总是声明“ Suspended”,我认为这是由于Java没有启动。

任何人都可以提供任何解决这个问题的见解?

另外,这些机器运行Java版本12.47.01,有人可以提供有关Java更新工具如何与这些机器工作, 也许最新版本是什么?

我试图注册my-ricoh.com,但它似乎只适用于非美国成员(已经有一个myricoh.com帐户,但没有任何有关 固件或Java升级似乎在那里列出)。

非常感谢![/ QUOTE]

you can email me ,i can give you java updata for ricoh evey model!shipeng@eircc.com