Thread: MPC4503 OCR

MPC4503 OCR

I am wanting to install OCR into a MPC4503. I have the opportunity to purchase a used Type M@ OCR Sd Card. My understanding is that I cannot install from a used card because the card and MFP are linked once installed, so the card cannot be used in another MFP. Can some one tell me if this is correct before I purchase a used card?
    Thanks

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: MPC4503 OCR

Quote Originally Posted by tufbnme View Post
    I am wanting to install OCR into a MPC4503. I have the opportunity to purchase a used Type M@ OCR Sd Card. My understanding is that I cannot install from a used card because the card and MFP are linked once installed, so the card cannot be used in another MFP. Can some one tell me if this is correct before I purchase a used card?
    Thanks
    As far as I know all of the option SD cards will link themselves to the serial number of the first MFP they are installed in. If put in another machine you will get a blinking license error or similar message in the lower left corner of the screen.

Supposedly, at least with PS3 cards you can delete certain files off the card and it will work but I have not confirmed this nor would I endorse doing so on a machine I was going to be selling to a customer.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: MPC4503 OCR

Forget about the licensing issue.

The on-board OCR is all but useless.

There are simply too many other affordable software solutions out there to bother with it.

It very well be a blessing in disguise that you haven't bought it yet.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins