Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1022-2022-3025

Kasseiken

1022-2022-3025

Dear fellowmen,

My client has 2 machines a 3030 and a 2027.
    Although they have been using dozens of different paper brands they keep having crumbling paper coming out of the fuser.

Is that a general weakness in this type? or or there other solutions?

Thanx in advance

Technician
    crumbling paper
    you mean fanning of the paper? Try adjusting the pressure in the fuser and also check the state of the picker fingers.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    1022-2022-3025

make sure that there isn't a buildup of toner along the entrance guide, If it catches the lead edge of the paper, it will skew the paper goin in, & wrinkle it terribly. The paper tray guides being loose can cause this as well.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    If its a crease down the paper after exiting, firstly pull the crease apart and check if the machine has laid toner within the crease,

i.e when you manually pull the crease out, is there a normally printed image?

If the machine has printed over the creases (no toner within the crease) then the paper is getting creased before it gets to the drum. Test through all cassettes to narrow the fault location down to either a single cassette or registration, then check either the tray fences, the registration guides, the black mylar at the bottom of the PCU and check that the cassette lift tray isn't bent.

If the machine has printed into the crease then the paper is getting skewed somewhere between the drum and the fuser entrance. Favourite for this is the fuser entrance guide covered with baked on toner, but other causes can be a damaged drum shutter door, a drum pick off pawl sitting proud, a soft press roller or seized press roller bearings.

*Edit* Oh and check that the customer isn't using ridiculously thin paper.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    You might try replacing the pressure roller if it's due or been in the field for awhile. I've found that the rollers get soft and do not apply even pressure.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Cobi is right, just replace the pressure roller and youŽll be back in business. these pressure rollers tend to get very soft and do that kind of problem.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Great minds think alike.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I had one of these pressure rollers go after about 50K.Replace it with AE020086.I always replace any of these machine with that pressure roller and never have a problem again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    1022-2022-3025

Check you are using the correct press roller for the right copier. The later models use "coke can" thin walled hot rollers and need a very soft P/R.

Also check the rear most guide in the paper tray is in the correct position. They tend to jump a few teeth if the customer slams the tray home with a full ream of paper in them. It only needs the paper to be a few mm off line to start catching in the fuser.

Also check the feed in guide on the underside of the fuser. If someone has put the fuser down a bit to hard you can snap off one of the guide "teeth" and leave a rough edge that will cause paper jams.

These models are my all time favourites !! and after 25 years in the industry I dont say that lightly!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.