Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Error code SC542 on MP6500

I have also seen these machines where the fuser tray does not latch back into the machine properly after clearing a jam. "kink" the latch to cause it to hold the tray in a little further. Bending the thermistors (very) slightly toward the hot roller also helps. These thermistors are also fairly fragile, so I have seen a new set fail pretty rapidly - especially if the pressure roller is starting to develop flat spots and causing vibration. (a big problem with low volume machines)
    Last but not least, the B132 machines had a tech bulletin about the fusing harness deteriorating over time, and causing 54x, 55x, and 56x SC codes - Obviously it's a different design, and different harness, but I have had to replace them before...
    73 DE W5SSJ

I would check & Clean the filters at the back of the copier,had same problem,cleaned blocked filters-no more SC codes,keep it simple!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Also check your lamp wires for nicks, they can sometimes cause this fault.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Error code SC542 on MP6500

Quote Originally Posted by semi View Post
    I would check & Clean the filters at the back of the copier,had same problem,cleaned blocked filters-no more SC codes,keep it simple!!

Also had fuser SC's caused by tech putting fan in the wrong way round so it blew instead of sucked!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I've just remembered something.

A guy on one of our Southern teams came across this, a few Martini-C2's kept coming up with this code, fix was... wait for it.... drum potential sensor. Might be worth swapping the PCU with another machine to see if the fault moves.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

hupiellmoli

Watch Gossip Girl Online For Free - Gossip Girl Streaming Online

Watch Gossip Girl Online For Free - Gossip Girl Streaming Online

Hi Upper East Siders!
    Come And Welcome to my website: Gossip Girl
    Whether you’re a Hampton Baby, Central Park Prada gal, or you even dwell in *gasp* Brooklyn, this site is for you.
    Why? The answer’s easier than deciding what to wear tomorrow to school.
    Because my website has all the latest gossip about Serena, Blair, Dan and the other poor little rich kids on the Upper East Side.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Also had fuser SC's caused by tech putting fan in the wrong way round so it blew instead of sucked!
    Yeah, copiers like to be sucked, not blown.
    Don't take that toner with me!

worker drone 250+ Posts
    We followed all bulletins on some trouble machines. Finally tech support suggested setting 1103 1&2 to 60 seconds and 1103-3 to 120 seconds. So far that seems to be the fix. Have not had any more trouble and these machines were very bad. Especially after a weekend.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    As good as that may sound, I'd say that this is a temporary work-around rather than a permanent fix.

It's got to be down to either a hot roller, thermistor, thermostat or lamp and, as it's a warm-up time-out error on one of the 3 lamp fusers and you've replaced eveything else, I'd say that it's a faulty lamp or a short in the lamp cable at the rear. Try metering the lamps for continuity.

Finally, as this code is a warm-up time-out error, the 280w lamp is only used when this machine is coming out of energy save or when it is first turned on. I'd probably change this lamp for the sake of a few quid.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    Our experience was that there was several machines doing the same thing. They have blamed paper for thermistors getting dirty, have changed the brackets and thermistor positions, have suggested the insufficient connector interlock. New machines will do it almost out of the box. The series I was dealing with had the quick warm up design and as mentioned, it is a warm up time-out. I personally believe it is a design flaw and as much of a "work-around" as it may sound like, it may be the best long term solution. Tech support said that Japan was aware of the problem and suggested the given setting changes as their final hurdle before escalation to field. Fortunately, the new settings have made the end users happy with their machines again.