MP C4504ex mac environment question

I have to meet up with one of our sales reps and join him at a customer meeting. They have a Mac environment and want to be able to print booklets (with the ricoh booklet finisher) below is the quote from the rep:

“We are to discuss setting up scan to gmail & printing configurations with their booklet finisher from Mac System – Pages application.”

Now, this is doable,right? Unfortunately I’m not much of a Mac guy (why they’re having me go is beyond me). I don’t know what macOS they’re using, either. They have a Canon iR C5240, currently that’s serviced by a competing dealer and they’ve never got it to make booklets or succeed in Scan to Gmail. The gmail part I’m not worried about. It’s the booklets from pages.

The C4504ex is not onsite, it’s just being proposed at this point.

Any sage advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MP C4504ex mac environment question

With a Postscript option, the booklet printing should be fine. With regard to the scan to gmail, that is possible but requires the gmail administrator to create an account for the machine if you want it to work properly. There are plenty of threads on the forum about that.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

The MP C4504ex has Postscript emulator built into it so you should be ok there. As long as you DL and use the Ricoh driver for whatever OS they are running and set up the options correctly you should have zero problems printing booklets.

I just set up a MP C4504ex to my Macbook running 10.13 (High Sierra) today and it worked great. I used the PS emulator built in and had no issues. An added bonus was it loaded a twain type scan option with the print driver so scanning was super easy.

Setting up gmail scanning should be a breeze. Just make sure whoever you are using to authenticate through you remember to change the security setting "Allow less Secure Apps" to ON or google will block all mail from the MFP.

Let me know if you have anymore questions and I will do my best to help
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Couple of notes when using the inbuilt PS emulator:

Some fonts are not included within the clone postscript, if you send a job with one of these fonts in it, you will get an error message on the screen and the option to continue with a substitute font or cancel the job. Clients being clients, rather than read the message and act accordingly, they panic because the printer has 'jammed' and phone for a service call. To prevent this, jump into the PS menu in printer features in user tools, and set 'Font Error' to DO NOT NOTIFY. We now set this at run-up on ex models.

If the fonts that the machine substitutes are not good enough, you will need a genuine postscript option for the machine.

Damn, you guys are on point with this. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk