Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC 3500 Changed black toner pump now wont set up when closing door still msg

I had a customer who tried to change the toner pump (Black) themselves. After they worked on it, the copier no longer would set up after closing the front door and still has the toner message for black. There is toner sitting above the toner sensor. I tried to force toner for black and it failed. The other colors also failed. I checked the wiring and all looks ok at this point.... Any ideas where to start looking would be a big help... I wouldn't even mess with this but it is a very poor church...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MPC 3500 Changed black toner pump now wont set up when closing door still msg

Was it a new part, did they change the hose, is the plug and receptacle ok. Is it dropping toner into pcu if so could be bad pcdu.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Re: MPC 3500 Changed black toner pump now wont set up when closing door still msg

Are they using OEM toner?
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Quote Originally Posted by bob marley View Post
    Are they using OEM toner?
    I will have to check that... Thanks so much !!!

I went back today with a new black PCU. Still not luck fixing. They are using OEM toner. There is no toner in the PCU and the machine still doesn't turn the toner augers when closing the door. I am trying to figure out which Circut board starts the set-up sequence when closing the front door... Any ideas. I can't seem to find info in the manual that addresses this...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Is the PCDU turning at all, if not check the drive, if turning try another pump and hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I went back today with a new black PCU. Still not luck fixing. They are using OEM toner. There is no toner in the PCU and the machine still doesn't turn the toner augers when closing the door. I am trying to figure out which Circut board starts the set-up sequence when closing the front door... Any ideas. I can't seem to find info in the manual that addresses this...
    Yeah, The machine isn't turning anything. When you shut the door nothing happens. Straight to the no toner message. The scanner will set up but no stirring the toner.

Whenever I change a toner pump, I always vacuum out the hose. Or change it as was already suggested. Could still be a clog in there.

Have you tried turning off Toner end detect?
    That will get rid of the replace toner message and show you if any other code is being hidden by that huge dumbassed message window.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

is there a tiny door open symbol on the screen