Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Re: MPC 3500 Changed black toner pump now wont set up when closing door still msg

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Yeah, The machine isn't turning anything. When you shut the door nothing happens. Straight to the no toner message. The scanner will set up but no stirring the toner.
    Make sure ALL of the doors on the machine are closed. Especially if they have a 3rd/4th tray.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MPC 3500 Changed black toner pump now wont set up when closing door still msg

Cheat the front door and check to see if the toner bottle is actually turning. If you are using OEM toner you should see the bottle turning when the machine tries to add toner. On rare occasions the toner bottle clutch will go goofy and it won't turn the bottle to drop toner into the pump.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

When you say you replaced the PCDU, do you meant the whole thing (Developer unit/developer)? With fresh developer it should not ask for toner as the premix in the developer is enough to set the developer and make a few copies before the premix runs out.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

This is what makes me think he just has a cover open somewhere. An "add toner" screen will always sit on top of a "cover open" window.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 3500 Changed black toner pump now wont set up when closing door still msg

Quote Originally Posted by Athlontini View Post
    Make sure ALL of the doors on the machine are closed. Especially if they have a 3rd/4th tray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlontini View Post
    This is what makes me think he just has a cover open somewhere. An "add toner" screen will always sit on top of a "cover open" window.
    For me it has usually been the jam door on the paper bank. If the back end is out as little as 1/8 of an inch, it will be in a door open condition.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

I have worked on this model for years, and 9 times out of 10 "add toner" indicates a faulty toner pump. Put another one in and be sure and vacuum the supply tube. Also make sure the toner pump connector is seated, as it is difficult to get to (K pump).
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I have worked on this model for years, and 9 times out of 10 "add toner" indicates a faulty toner pump. Put another one in and be sure and vacuum the supply tube. Also make sure the toner pump connector is seated, as it is difficult to get to (K pump).
    The last time Ricoh updated most of the color machines, they went to different part numbers for each color toner pump. The new pumps include a new supply tube that is the correct length that color. Most of the time when I tried to vacuum the tube, it would clog again in a couple of months. Also, while the tube is disconnected from the nozzle, place a rag or piece of paper below the nozzle and rotate the bottle. If no toner comes out of the nozzle, replace the nozzle.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Have you tried turning off Toner end detect?
    That will get rid of the replace toner message and show you if any other code is being hidden by that huge dumbassed message window.
    Yep that fixed it.. THANKS SO MUCH !!! Really appreciate your feedback !!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For me it has usually been the jam door on the paper bank. If the back end is out as little as 1/8 of an inch, it will be in a door open condition.
    Yep that was it... The door was open on the right side.... After I turned off the toner send I saw it... Threw me for a HUGE loop.... Thanks so much for All your response !!!