Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ricoh mpc2500

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ricoh mpc2500

We have a Customer with a Ricoh MPC2500 copier which was scanning to windows 7 and 8 no problem. Customer has upgraded system to windows 10 and the mpc2500 will not scan to email on windows 10. I have been told that you cannot overcome this problem however l am sure l read somewhere on the net (i think an American site) that there is a way to overcome this issue. Do any of you experts know of a way to do this or it is a case they will have to buy new.
    Appreciate as always any help
    UK Rog

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh mpc2500

Re: ricoh mpc2500

How would the email know which version of Windows they are using?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you must start by upgrading all firmware.
    It's an old dog you got there!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh mpc2500

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    i thought i read that Win 10 doesn't use SMB1 .. that old copier would ...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh mpc2500

If the customer is using scan to email that requires SSL or TLS encryption, the C2500 is NOT going to work for them. No firmware updates past 2011 for that machine. You'll have to use SMB scan to file, or FTP, and the customer will need to attach the scanned docs at their computer for email to work.

That said, there are some hoops to jump through scanning to desktop on Windows 10. You'll need to make sure their network adapter is configured for "NetBIOS over TCP/IP". The default setting is "NetBIOS over DHCP" which Windows SMB doesn't like. You'll also need to re-enable SMB v1. One of the more recent Windows patches shut that off in favor of SMB v2/v3. (See previous comment about no firmware patches since 2011)

In other words... might be time for the customer to upgrade. Considering the fact that the machine was introduced in 2006, 11 year old technology is WAY out of date.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    sorry. badly put. They could scan from the mpc2500 to computer when it had windows 7 installed but since windows 10 has been installed they cannot now scan from copier to windows 10. According to the local agents around here the mpc2500 cannot be made to scan to a pc with windows 10 installed. I do not get involved with this sort of problem just that we have lost our Ricoh guy and struggling on at present and as per first thread l had a feeling l had seen something about this issue on line

Roger

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh mpc2500

If you are talking about SMB scan to folder, firmware update will not help if it was already scanning to Windows 7. The problem would a Windows 10 security update from about a year ago that disabled all support for SMB 1. There is a threading, in Connectivity I believe, that tells you how to edit the registry to enable SMB 1.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are talking about SMB scan to folder, firmware update will not help if it was already scanning to Windows 7. The problem would a Windows 10 security update from about a year ago that disabled all support for SMB 1. There is a threading, in Connectivity I believe, that tells you how to edit the registry to enable SMB 1.
    Cheers Guys. I will pass the info onto their IT people and see what they can do with it. I dont think they can be bothered but maybe they can give your ideas a try. I dont think Customer wants to spend any money "Oh what a surprise!!!. It does have the latest firmware on it.
    Thanks again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ricoh mpc2500

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i thought i read that Win 10 doesn't use SMB1 .. that old copier would ...
    Yes, for scan to folder. OP said scan to email (mistakenly?)

Quote Originally Posted by stobby2 View Post
    We have a Customer with a Ricoh MPC2500 copier which was scanning to windows 7 and 8 no problem. Customer has upgraded system to windows 10 and the mpc2500 will not scan to email on windows 10. I have been told that you cannot overcome this problem however l am sure l read somewhere on the net (i think an American site) that there is a way to overcome this issue. Do any of you experts know of a way to do this or it is a case they will have to buy new.
    Appreciate as always any help
    UK Rog
    For windows 10, just activate FTP and fix the pc ip address, cam use already scan folder.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk