Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: C700EX

FibberMcGee

C700EX

Hello. I'm a bit out of my element as my field is IT, so I'm hoping you can help me. I have a client with an C700Ex with the E8100. They just purchased this started adding files to the document server. After a few weeks, all of the documents were gone. They added a few back and they seem fine. I removed the hard drives and they don't have any bad sectors. Any idea what would cause them to be wiped out? Is there any way to backup the document server? I found a service manual which suggests the file format converter type E for this unit, but this model is not listed on any of the sites selling it. Would that work? Thanks!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    C700EX

Re: C700EX

There is a setting in User Tools - System Setting - Administrator Tools for Auto Erase Document Server. The default setting is 3 days. I normally change it to off before delivering a machine but not all techs do.

FibberMcGee

Thanks. I do have that off. They assure me nobody touched it who would delete the files so they are concerned about stability.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    C700EX

Anyone who knows the admin password can delete files using WIM, Web Image Monitor. You might want to change the admin password and lock down everything you can.

If the Pro C700 supports individual user folders in Document Server, you might want to set those up giving each person their own folder with distinct passwords. Only allow owner and admin rights to delete.