Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

SC992, SC670 in Ricoh MP6002

Dear All,
    I have a machine model MP6002sp my client complaint me for SC552 occurred, this error code relates to fusing so i reset that by entering in service mode and then turn off the machine, after restart machine takes 5 min for warm up and then becomes ready, i try to print counter but paper jammed in registration and SC 670 occurred.
    I restart machine after that intermittent activities happening in machine duplex solinide active and deactive automatically as tray lifting and release, main drive motor start and stop automatically etc. at the same time generates SC992. after restarting sc 670. with same activity. once a time become ok but only for 60 copies after that machine goes in above mentioned state.

I checked power apllied to machine that is 235V with 52hz. I check power supply output voltage 24V, 5V, etc.
    I re punched all connectors of BICU, IPU board, I remove Controller board from machine and then re connect again in machine but all activity useless problem still same.
    kindly help me out from that problem.
    thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Re: SC992, SC670 in Ricoh MP6002

Defective controller or defective Nvram
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC992, SC670 in Ricoh MP6002

Controller board defective
    Mother board defective
    Software error; switch off/on, if that fails, change the engine firmware. If engine firmware is current, reload it
    PSU-E or PSU-C defective

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

From my experience, that model is picky as all get out with wall voltage.

I had 4 of them in a very large school a few years ago that threw constant SC 230 codes.

All 4 in the same building with the same issue? Hmmmmm...

Their MP C7503 never hiccuped. Not even once. The older model Ricoh we replaced were always good.

Even our power monitor showed good voltage when left there for a week. The problem was too small for it to detect, but enough to totally mess up the MP 6002s.

There was a factory across the street causing issues, and they claim they had “solved” the problem. Right.

In the end it proved too much to overcome, and we lost the customer.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

hi there. may be hdd i have two machine do hdd defecive in the same time. hdd throw wired codes and do two codes in the same time. format hdd

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    From my experience, that model is picky as all get out with wall voltage.

I had 4 of them in a very large school a few years ago that threw constant SC 230 codes.

All 4 in the same building with the same issue? Hmmmmm...

Their MP C7503 never hiccuped. Not even once. The older model Ricoh we replaced were always good.

Even our power monitor showed good voltage when left there for a week. The problem was too small for it to detect, but enough to totally mess up the MP 6002s.

There was a factory across the street causing issues, and they claim they had “solved” the problem. Right.

In the end it proved too much to overcome, and we lost the customer.

We have several 6002s in some old school buildings around here and some 6001s at a university with terrible power. We put Tripp Lite power conditioners on all of them and it seems to help a lot. You'll hear them clicking away a lot if the power is bad.