Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Unhappy Ricoh MP C2050 Networking issues

I have a customer who has a 2050 that was hooked up to a XP computer that was scanning and printing. The computer crashed. I installed a new computer with W7 Pro. I have been unable to get the any of the downloads on the website to work. The only thing I have accomplished is getting it to print with a universal print driver. None of the other software will load from the website without errors. I tried using Windows Fax and Scan. That won't work either. When I down load the drivers and unzip them, there are no .exe files. Everything was working with XP. Any ideas?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2050 Networking issues

Re: Ricoh MP C2050 Networking issues

Use the add printer wizard, choose have disk & point it to the folder you have the driver unzipped to.
    Also check you have downloaded the correct architecture 32/64bit.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Let's not overcomplicate this..
    There is ZERO difference between the WinXP thru Win10 drivers (notice the version #'s) -in fact you can use virtually any RICOH colour PCL driver to run it, just make sure you choose the proper 32 or 64 bit version for the system.

No, There are no EXE's.
    Unzip the file, then go thru the add printer wizard, and select "have disk".....

Scanning to folder?
    No software required. Just use the correct PC folder sharing, and path settings, etc. There must be at least 6000 posts on here relating to various models, but the process is nealry identical for all of them.

EDIT:
    I see Copier Tech beat me to the punch by a few seconds

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Because Windows 7 Pro has considerable higher security than XP. In order to scan to SMB, you will need to update the Network Support firmware to v8.33 to support Windows 7 or later and Server 2008 R2 or later. If you are with a Ricoh direct branch or an authorized Ricoh Family Group dealer you can download from either TSRC or rgf-esource. If not, you will have to contact Ricoh customer support.

If on the XP you were scanning without a Windows user name and password, you will have to setup a user name with password that has full rights to the folder you are scanning to. This is a Microsoft requirement.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Tried that. When I get to the folder containing the unzipped driver, it is empty. Close out the wizard, search for the folder. The drivers are there. I don't get it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Tried that. When I get to the folder containing the unzipped driver, it is empty. Close out the wizard, search for the folder. The drivers are there. I don't get it.
    Neither do we, but there's probably 3-500 other versions you can try if it comes to that. Pick any model.
    PCL is PCL afterall....
    I (and probably most everyone else here) download and install drivers this way nearly every single day without issue

When you unzip the driver folder, there should be a file that ends in (.inf). That is the driver setup file and that is what you guide the wizard to.
    If your not seeing this file in the folder, maybe your getting a corrupt download or your "unzipping" software is not working correctly. If you see this file in your folder, but not with the install wizard, have you tried making sure you have "view all files" selected when your searching for it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

then you have an other problem not related to the printer but to your pc

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I am bringing the files downloaded to ZIP DRIVE WITH ME THIS TIME. I have already unzipped them. I will go into folder options and select show all files also. What scanner software should I use? Global scan NX serverless? Or just a twain driver? I am bringing both with me.
    Appreciate the help. I am not a novice at networking. Just not that familiar with the Ricoh MP C2050. Thought it would be a walk in the park.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What scanner software should I use? Global scan NX serverless? Or just a twain driver? I am bringing both with me.
    I believe that Global Scan NX is a software and not a driver. It will require payment of a software license fee, by the customer. If you are wanting to scan to a folder on a computer on the network, see my previous reply if you want to use SMB scan to folder. Otherwise use FTP.

TWAIN driver will work fine for pull scan but will require the use of a 32 bit software on each computer that wants to use it. It can be a pain if the computer is not near the C2050. The user g=has to launch the software, select the scanner to use, go to the C2050 to place the document and then return to the computer to click start.