Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

MPC6004 Jam Code 19

I have an MPC6004 that keeps jamming (J019) which is the fusing exit sensor. It has a relatively low meter count (34K total). The technician before me replaced the exit assembly. Since the problem came back I rebuilt the fusing unit with a new sleeve and pressure roller. Customer called back today saying it was jamming again. I'm contemplating ordering the exit sensor, fusing unit and possibly the IOB board. Anyone run into this jam on the '04 series?
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MPC6004 Jam Code 19

Have you seen it jam, is the paper at the exit sensor, check paper size matches what tray size is set at.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC6004 Jam Code 19

J019 is a fusing exit late jam. That means the exit sensor that not detect the lead edge of the paper on time. This could be that the sensor is loose, has a loose connection or is getting flaky. It can also be that the paper hesitates entering the fusing unit. This was an intermittent problem with the 03s when using thicker than 250gms card stock. If the lead edge of the card stock does not hit exactly between the fusing sleeve and the pressure, it will hesitate. Depending on how long it hesitated, you would get either a line 75mm from the lead edge where the ITB turned against the paper while it was not moving or you would get a J019. Sometime adjusting or replacing the entrance guide plate would help.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar

I haven't been able to duplicate the problem, however SMC shows they occur in the same spot every few hundred or so. I know that some of my C4503 series that have low meter counts will develop a jam code 18 and replacing the fuser has been the fix.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt