Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SP 5200DN ADF not recognizing paper?

I have a customer with an SP 5200DN that I will be answering their 3RD call in a week for the ADF not recognizing it has paper.

Checked all the settings, flags, connectors etc. I can find....I can't get it to do anything wrong when I'm standing over it, so I am unable to duplicate the error. But... after I leave there's a call-back in the office within 2 hours.

Headed there now... barring seeing the customer doing something they SHOULDN'T be, are there any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

Steve

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: SP 5200DN ADF not recognizing paper?

Run a smc and see what the machine tells you about the misfeed (may be different than what the customer is telling you).
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I have a customer with an SP 5200DN that I will be answering their 3RD call in a week for the ADF not recognizing it has paper.
    Checked all the settings, flags, connectors etc. I can find....I can't get it to do anything wrong when I'm standing over it, so I am unable to duplicate the error. But... after I leave there's a call-back in the office within 2 hours.
    Headed there now... barring seeing the customer doing something they SHOULDN'T be, are there any suggestions out there?
    Thanks,
    Steve
    I would have one of the bimbos in their office show me what the problem is (i do this just about on every call to be sure )
    I have been called out for a jam in the ADF and the twit never UNSTAPLED the package to be copied.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have had defective sensors and defective sensor cable, static tests cannot duplicate failures at paper feed speeds.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

So I removed the top cover, and swapped the cover closed sensor with the paper detect sensor, and the problem went away.

If the problem moves with the sensor, it's an easy fix...but if it returns, I'm leaning toward the adf controller.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    So I removed the top cover, and swapped the cover closed sensor with the paper detect sensor, and the problem went away.

If the problem moves with the sensor, it's an easy fix...but if it returns, I'm leaning toward the adf controller.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Should continue to work if it was the sensor. Cover sensor does not need to respond to dynamic changes. A fraction of a second for the cover won't hurt anything.