copierman 250+ Posts
    MPC 6502 with SR4100 sc720-41

Hi Guys,

I went to a machine today with this code, manual says feed out motor error on finisher.

I manually rotated the exit section (the belt with the stopper on to push paper out) and it seem free enough, i have not compared it to another finisher of this type. i removed the belt from the feed motor and the motor spun round until it errored because nothing was being driven.

When i watched the motion of the exit motor under load it was going really slow and then sc 720-41. home sensor is OK in tests.

Has anyone had this issue? it looks like a bit of a strip down to change this motor so i would thought i would ask the question on here first.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Technician

Re: MPC 6502 with SR4100 sc720-41

I feel your pain! I had a 6502 with over 2 million copies on it. Most of it was stapled. The finisher did not age well. It was a constant battle in the staple and feed out area. There are multiple weak area in that section. I have had to replace the feed out motor for that very problem. There are also some rods that the paper side guides slide on. They get dirty and won't let the guides slide easily. The staple head also moves some side guide when it travels back and forth. The rear one is a devil in disguise. They are all very hard to clean, because you just can get to them easily. I did have to remove the entire feed out section to do this work. It's is a lot of work, and is time consuming. Be sure to clean all sensors as well once you have it out. I considered replacing the whole unit at once. But the parts guy, who was never a technician, would not give permission. Even after doing all of that, I fought that finisher for various other problems until the day it was replaced. I have one other 6502 in my territory, and so far that finisher has not given me any trouble. But then again, it only has 600,000 copies on it.

copierman 250+ Posts

Re: MPC 6502 with SR4100 sc720-41

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I feel your pain! I had a 6502 with over 2 million copies on it. Most of it was stapled. The finisher did not age well. It was a constant battle in the staple and feed out area. There are multiple weak area in that section. I have had to replace the feed out motor for that very problem. There are also some rods that the paper side guides slide on. They get dirty and won't let the guides slide easily. The staple head also moves some side guide when it travels back and forth. The rear one is a devil in disguise. They are all very hard to clean, because you just can get to them easily. I did have to remove the entire feed out section to do this work. It's is a lot of work, and is time consuming. Be sure to clean all sensors as well once you have it out. I considered replacing the whole unit at once. But the parts guy, who was never a technician, would not give permission. Even after doing all of that, I fought that finisher for various other problems until the day it was replaced. I have one other 6502 in my territory, and so far that finisher has not given me any trouble. But then again, it only has 600,000 copies on it.
    Sorted in the end. (No pun intended) Although it was a bit of a job getting the exit unit out. It was the feed out motor that was bad.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential