Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPC 4500

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MPC 4500

Hi to all,

SC-293 on the screen then we took out the shutter of the laser unit and then we accessed sp mode to clear the sc code but when we pressed copy sp it won't go in. copy sp will just appear again. Maybe the operator of the machine (resigned already) changed some settings because we didn't have this problem when we serviced this machine before. All buttons are functioning. Hoping for your help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MPC 4500

Its been a few years but i believe you need to set SP 2914-001 or 002 to a 1

2914 [Dust Shield Shutter Motor]

001 Stop Delay: Open *ENG
    002 Stop Delay: Close *ENG
    DFU
    [1 to 50 / 38 / 1 ms/step]
    003 Open Execution *ENG
    Opens the shutter on the laser optics
    housing unit manually for test purposes.
    004 Close Execution *ENG
    Closes the shutter on the laser optics
    housing unit manually for test purposes

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

[QUOTE=Brianneoe;587330]Its been a few years but i believe you need to set SP 2914-001 or 002 to a 1

How can i set it if i can't access copy sp?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Users Tech View Post
    How can i set it if i can't access copy sp?
    Service mode lock is in User Tools - System Settings - Admin Tools is turned on.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Service mode lock is in User Tools - System Settings - Admin Tools is turned on.
    Strange.. Can't access system settings too. when i press it, it will just make 2 beeping sounds and won't go in. i don't think the sc792 that appears on the screen has something to do with it. When i opened the machine, the sc293 is gone but can't copy or access copy sp, system settings and can't even print the counter.
    Last edited by Users Tech; 12-17-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: .

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 4500

You might need to log in. After you enter User Tools, a login button should appear in the upper right of the touch screen. Login name is Admin with no password. It that doesn't work, then someone has changed it. You will need to login as Supervisor again with no password. If that has been changed as well, there are many threads here on how to reset admin and suoervisor passwords. If you can get in as Supervisor, the only thing that the Supervisor can do is change the Admin credentials. You can then login as Admin

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    After you enter User Tools, a login button should appear in the upper right of the touch screen.
    the login button did not appear in the screen after entering user tools.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC 4500

user tools/sys settings/administrator tools/admin authentication mgmt/set admin authentication 'on'/enable administrator tools. then back out to get your login button.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Users Tech View Post
    Hi to all,

SC-293 on the screen then we took out the shutter of the laser unit and then we accessed sp mode to clear the sc code but when we pressed copy sp it won't go in. copy sp will just appear again. .
    u don't need to reset sc 293 using sp ( Turn the operation switch or main power switch off and on.) ,if it is still there after removing the shutter then the next step is to replace the shutter motor.
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob marley View Post
    u don't need to reset sc 293 using sp ( Turn the operation switch or main power switch off and on.) ,if it is still there after removing the shutter then the next step is to replace the shutter motor.
    i thought it's the same with other sc error that you have to reset it. sc 293 is gone but the problem is i can't copy, access copy sp, access system settings in the user tools and no login button appeared on the screen after entering user tools. is it a faulty hard drive? i searched for solutions and what i saw was the same with slimsbob (thank you).
    Last edited by Users Tech; 12-21-2017 at 12:43 AM. Reason: .