Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

ricoh mp501 humidity problem

Hi guys,The model Ricoh MP501 has humidity problems ; as a result there is a paper jam in the duplex mostly at morning time.
    When we open the fusing door it’s full of water (from the humidity it is created in the machine)

After a couple of printouts the machine works fine.Does anybody faced this problem with this model and have an idea how to deal with?thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: ricoh mp501 humidity problem

Quote Originally Posted by pythonas View Post
    Hi guys,The model Ricoh MP501 has humidity problems ; as a result there is a paper jam in the duplex mostly at morning time.
    When we open the fusing door it’s full of water (from the humidity it is created in the machine)

After a couple of printouts the machine works fine.Does anybody faced this problem with this model and have an idea how to deal with?thanks
    have the customer buy a dehumidifier and setup next to machine. or have them run their heating/air to better control the humidity

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

problema is the paper with humidity not the machine

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    problema is the paper with humidity not the machine
    the paper is absorbing the humidity from the environment... does that unit have tray heaters?
    where is the machine located?
    can they put in a smaller room with dehumidifier?

Technician

as for the paper i opened a new packet and the machine has the same problem.so the humidity is inside the unit and not at the paper..this machine as i look from manual has no extra heaters you can install.the customer claims that other machines he had before at the same place they were fine and no humidity problems at all.

as for the paper i opened a new packet and the machine has the same problem.so the humidity is inside the unit and not at the paper..this machine as i look from manual has no extra heaters you can install.the customer claims that other machines he had before at the same place they were fine and no humidity problems at all.
    wow tray heaters have been options on all but desktop models I have worked on :-(

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Did the problem occur as soon as you put in the new paper or did it occur the following morning. If it occurred the following morning, the problem is the over night humidity level in the room and not caused by the copier. My guess is that the temperature where the MP 501 is located is dropping to within 5 degrees of the dew point for at least 30 minutes.

There is a drum heater but only for the Asian market. Not available in Europe or North America. You might be able to use a flat panel radiant heater placed under the machine.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    wow tray heaters have been options on all but desktop models I have worked on :-(
    Given the strong differences in looks and design of this unit I have a feeling that the only thing Ricoh about it is the op panel and the name badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

As Phil mentioned: tray heater, problem solved.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    As Phil mentioned: tray heater, problem solved.
    At least, if it works when machine is on.
    Some machines cut power to tray heater when main switch is on or when it is in enegy mode.
    You find this info in your serv manual.