Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Mpc3002 fiery e-3300 not booting up , print, scan disabled ??

Re: Mpc3002 fiery e-3300 not booting up , print, scan disabled ??

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    thanks
    I can only assume that said machine came back to warehouse with fiery disconnected.
    I use to read thru all the ricoh manuals but they have just became way too lengthy...
    and like most here as i finally master a model,a new one comes out and we start anew.
    Tell me about is we’re selling a ton of the latest models the MPC3004ex so far an excellent model
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

To enable GW Controller printing and scanning change SP5193-001, SP5895-001 and SP5895-002 back to 0. You can also remove the Giga bit Ethernet board as it is only used to communicate with the fiery.

BTW E-3300/E-5300 are not Ricoh product codes. They are EFI product codes for the fiery server EFI made for the Ricoh MP C3002/3502. Due to the limited number sold, they no longer have searchable information on the EFI web site.You would have to actually talk to their support personnel if you wanted to get the fiery running again.

In case you want to keep the Fiery, open up the Fiery box and see if there is a HDD installed, if there isn't you can get either a generic or order the exact one from Hytech - to check go to: ttp://www.hytecrepair.com/Default.aspx?PageID=PartsCatalog select EFI as manufacturer and E3300 -
    after installing the new HDD you will need to install the system software via a USB stick - Hytec sells the system software pre-loaded - you may need to call them as I do not see it in the list, the price of the system software on a stick is under $100 as far as I can remember.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

thanks
    i know LEE over at hytec and have a lot of mp 6001 recvd without HD,so buying a laptop sata drive is no big deal..
    appreciate the info

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    To enable GW Controller printing and scanning change SP5193-001, SP5895-001 and SP5895-002 back to 0. You can also remove the Giga bit Ethernet board as it is only used to communicate with the fiery.

BTW E-3300/E-5300 are not Ricoh product codes. They are EFI product codes for the fiery server EFI made for the Ricoh MP C3002/3502. Due to the limited number sold, they no longer have searchable information on the EFI web site.You would have to actually talk to their support personnel if you wanted to get the fiery running again.
    I called EFI yesterday and total waste of time.
    Thet wont help you unless you are an EFI certified tech,which they will issue you after an online course and test for close to $500 .
    I rebutted them saying this customer paid for the software when he bought the FIERY and why cant the software be available as i am sure hard drives go bad and
    if not backed up by acronis or ghost one would need the software..
    i had a better chance of getting trump to help than the efi "helpless line"..techn0 greed

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I called EFI yesterday and total waste of time.
    Thet wont help you unless you are an EFI certified tech,which they will issue you after an online course and test for close to $500 .
    I rebutted them saying this customer paid for the software when he bought the FIERY and why cant the software be available as i am sure hard drives go bad and
    if not backed up by acronis or ghost one would need the software..
    i had a better chance of getting trump to help than the efi "helpless line"..techn0 greed
    If you work for a Ricoh dealer, you can sign up through the Ricoh Learning Institute and Ricoh will pay for the training.

thanks
    i work as an inde so no mother ship for me..
    And to be honest being color blind i dont think
    I d be a good judge of color graphics...