Technician

Ricoh LD325 wrinkled paper on second page after drum replacement

Hey all,

After replacing the drum unit in LD325 the second page of prints always comes out wrinkled. What's causing it?

2nd page wrinkled. Not 1st, 3rd, or 4th. Only 2nd is always wrinkled.

I checked the paper drawers and reloaded the stacks of paper. They are sitting snugly and square with the sides of the tray.

I reseated the drum unit, just in case. It doesn't seem to have an effect.

Insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh LD325 wrinkled paper on second page after drum replacement

Don't start a new thread!
    This all leads back to the drum unit that YOU purchased without dev....(blah, blah, blah) 3 weeks ago.
    HERE: Ricoh LD325 copying blank pages after drum replacement

You could have/should have paid a few bucks and had it done right in the first place.....even though you've told us to not suggest that to you. Seems to me that it would have been a bargain by this time.
    A good tech does a whole lot more at the time than just pop in the unit and calibrate it, and you seem to not have much respect for the knowledge/ expertise we have
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 01-09-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    You could have/should have paid a few bucks and had it done right in the first place.....even though you've told us to not suggest that to you. Seems to me that it would have been a bargain by this time.
    Not my money, not my machine, not my decision. I just do what I'm told. I was not in a good position to turn it down and I agreed to take it on because I didn't expect any problems - consumer laser all-in-ones I've had have been quite painless to maintain when out of toner or drum is worn.
    A good tech does a whole lot more at the time than just pop in the unit and calibrate it, and you seem to not have much respect for the knowledge/ expertise we have
    Instead of boasting about that knowledge maybe you would share some.

Back to the issue. So what would cause the second page to be wrinkled? Does the printer alternate drawers it pulls paper from? We have both drawers loaded with same size paper.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r00tb33r View Post
    Instead of boasting about that knowledge maybe you would share some.
    For a Junior Member with only 8 posts, 1 green card and 0 rep power, you're treading on very thin ice with a comment like that against a Service Manager who is a Contributor with a butt load of green cards, over 2500 posts and a rep power of 72. You run the risk of being put on the ignore list of those who at some point in the future be the only one who could help you.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For a Junior Member with only 8 posts, 1 green card and 0 rep power, you're treading on very thin ice with a comment like that against a Service Manager who is a Contributor with a butt load of green cards, over 2500 posts and a rep power of 72. You run the risk of being put on the ignore list of those who at some point in the future be the only one who could help you.
    I stand in awe of your colossal reputation. Your sheer presence solves all problems that ever exist. Hurray!

Back on topic. So yesterday the owner of our facility casually mentioned that the machine has been wrinkling paper for quite some time. The drum replacement seems to have exacerbated the issue, but otherwise seems to not be the source of the problem otherwise. I would update the title of the thread if I could. I don't work on that floor and don't print to that machine so I'm not there to observe what it does every day.

The paper seems to be wrinkling after the fuser as if I straighten out the paper the print inside the wrinkles is perfectly straight, meaning the toner was applied and fused on paper without wrinkles.

What could be going on there?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r00tb33r View Post
    I stand in awe of your colossal reputation. Your sheer presence solves all problems that ever exist. Hurray!
    Screw you, you arrogant little prick!

Technician

Screw you, you arrogant little prick!
    Blow me sideways. Find yourself another thread to spam in.

Just my luck that moderator's inbox is full.

This thread cracks me up.

Technician

Like it or not, I would have eventually used my noggin and fix it the most awesome way possible.

What do I do to stop the printer from wrinkling the paper after fusing the toner to it? Use paper it can't wrinkle of course! So I ran a stack of card stock through it. No jams, perfect prints. After that there were no wrinkles on regular weight paper. No need to call a tech, no need for a service manual, and no need to take the machine apart!