Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC4502 SC544 reset procedure?

Ok, fuser sleeve is toast. Rebuilt and added the new fuse. I believe we need to do an SP5810-002 to reset correct? I seem to remember you had to have a door open or something. Is that correct? Or do we just install the new fuser with the error in place and run the SP mode? Sorry, I have looked at all the bulletins and such and it is not too clear.

Thanks!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: MPC4502 SC544 reset procedure?

Thats correct, replace the sleeve & fuse run SP5810-02 with all covers closed, power cycle done.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Ok, fuser sleeve is toast. Rebuilt and added the new fuse. I believe we need to do an SP5810-002 to reset correct? I seem to remember you had to have a door open or something. Is that correct? Or do we just install the new fuser with the error in place and run the SP mode? Sorry, I have looked at all the bulletins and such and it is not too clear.

Thanks!
    Little off subject, but I found a great thread here from 2-15-2013 on a MP C 3502, SC 554. Someone came up with a GREAT idea of using the connector lead from an old fuse, then splicing a longer lead on with a momentary switch on the end.
    ( use this procedure when transfering a fuser from another machine )
    Attach your switch lead to the fuser,where the fuse goes, close everything up, access SP 5810-002, press switch closed ( this mimics the fuse). Then press execute. Release switch after a half second. Reset ! Good for a pinch until a rebuild or new fuser comes in.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Little off subject, but I found a great thread here from 2-15-2013 on a MP C 3502, SC 554. Someone came up with a GREAT idea of using the connector lead from an old fuse, then splicing a longer lead on with a momentary switch on the end.
    ( use this procedure when transfering a fuser from another machine )
    Attach your switch lead to the fuser,where the fuse goes, close everything up, access SP 5810-002, press switch closed ( this mimics the fuse). Then press execute. Release switch after a half second. Reset ! Good for a pinch until a rebuild or new fuser comes in.
    i built my "reset jig"..pretty easy to do