Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

@remote automatic toner empty alert

There are days I think no one knows the answer anymore. You call Ricoh support and do what they suggest and it still isn't right. Long story short, we have several Ricohs on @Remote for meter reads and toner replenishments. We somewhat have the toner ordering down, but there are several machines that are not supposed to call for toner that still phone home to @remote for toner and we get an alert to send some to the customer. I make sure settings are correct and ET still phones home for us to send out toner. WTF!! Mother Ricoh can't tell me the difference between SP5515-10 and SP5507-3. That's how stupid they are. Anyway I've tried various combos of one or both off and these offenders are still calling @remote giving us alerts. We probably have around 50 continuous offenders, various models, b/w/color, chipped cartridges or not, etc. Any thoughts?? We don't want alerts when these run out of toner, but we get them anyway.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: @remote automatic toner empty alert

SP 5515 has to do with when a service call condition occurs, SC Alarm.

SP 5507 has to do with with supplies, CC Alarm. SP 5507-003 will issue an out of toner alarm when the bottle is empty. You might want to check SP 5507-080 and 081.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Slimbob: Thx for the reply. However, been there done that. When I asked mother Ricoh for the difference between SP5507-3 and SP5515-10 which are both for toner, no one knew. I asked both the hardware and @remote support on this, one tried pushing it off on the other. I know for certain Sp5507-3 is turned off. I've played around with various combos, but the little SOB's continue to phone home requesting toner. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with @remote? We can't be the only dealership using @remote for this purpose.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The only other thing I can think of would be to check settings for that machine in the @Remote Center GUI. I believe there is a section for specifying whether or not to email supply alerts.