Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Device certificates

Device certificates

Picked up a couple of old low meter MP5001's today, but the model is really irrelavant here.
    Both were very locked down with access ranges set and the device certificates installed.
    I had a proud moment when I remembered exactly how to fluch the access ranges via telnet, because I'd only needed to do it once in the past -but it did take me HOURS at that time to figure out what the issue was, before I was able to resolve it, so I guess that helped it stick .

The device certificate is what took me a while to resolve today, because I simply could not get into the WIM to uninstall it with any browser, - even if I added an exception, or added a trusted site in IE.
    I remembered having this problem too, some time ago, and ended up having to use an oldeer version of a browser (in that case firefox) that didn't have quite as high security.
    I realized I had an old standalone PC in the corner of my shop that hadn't been updated in years, so I fired it up, and was able to access the WIM to delete the certificate.
    My question is.....is there any other way to do this via service mode or otherwise, because had I not had that old PC, I have no idea what I would have done to get in there and delete it

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Device certificates

Re: Device certificates

I noticed someone in an MP4000 thread mentioned reset 5801-11 ncs seemed to take care of it.

Device certificates

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    I noticed someone in an MP4000 thread mentioned reset 5801-11 ncs seemed to take care of it.
    Interesting....I went through and thought that I cleared everything- except engine
    It would be just like me to miss the ONLY one that would have solved my problem.
    I may go back and install a certificate and try that again.

Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

sp5870-3 and then 1
    should be initialize then rewrite
    then reboot

Device certificates

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    Just installed a device certificate on an MP301 to test, and I can confirm that this doesn't work to remove it.......

Quote Originally Posted by apump View Post
    sp5870-3 and then 1
    then reboot
    ....but this does.

Thanks fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by apump View Post
    sp5870-3 and then 1
    then reboot
    Hi, thank you kindly for your information provided. I am in the same position in 2023 and unable to get scans sent out through exchange online.

I would be most grateful if you could assist with where or how I enter the above into the MFD please

TIA.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you don’t know how to access SP mode call a trained technician before you ‘brick’ the device.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Device certificates

Quote Originally Posted by Vision_Thing View Post
    Hi, thank you kindly for your information provided. I am in the same position in 2023 and unable to get scans sent out through exchange online.

I would be most grateful if you could assist with where or how I enter the above into the MFD please

TIA.
    Hey grave robber, your problem is not a Device certificate. If it is related to a certificate, it would be a site certificate beyond expiration date. Contact the support people for the exchange online as each provider has specific settings.