Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts ricmartinho's Avatar

Re: Restore Java on Metis C1 (MPC4503)

Quote Originally Posted by ricmartinho View Post
    Metis C1 is GW2012A but I will give it a try.

Thanks
    I tried and it didn't work. I left the machine on for over an hour after inserting the SD card with the Java firmware and no message appeared on the screen. Neither "Updating SDK/J" nor "SDK/J Success".

I have a Controller Board from a working machine and I'm going to replace it.

[SOLVED] Re: Restore Java on Metis C1 (MPC4503)

I managed to recover Java.
    Thanks to TonerMunkeh for sending me the recovery tool for Metis C1. I don't understand why isn't this clearly available on my-ricoh.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Restore Java on Metis C1 (MPC4503)

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Restore Java on Metis C1 (MPC4503)

Quote Originally Posted by ricmartinho View Post
    I managed to recover Java.
    Thanks to TonerMunkeh for sending me the recovery tool for Metis C1. I don't understand why isn't this clearly available on my-ricoh.

Thanks everyone for all the help!
    I don't know about my-ricoh but for Ricoh-USA it is available on rfg-esource, Ricoh's repository for all downloadable files. It is just a matter of knowing how to search for it. That comes from years of experience trying to find things that aren't where you would expect them to be on TSRC-Ricoh. Their keyword search index is not always complete.

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Restore Java on Metis C1 (MPC4503)

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I don't know about my-ricoh but for Ricoh-USA it is available on rfg-esource, Ricoh's repository for all downloadable files. It is just a matter of knowing how to search for it. That comes from years of experience trying to find things that aren't where you would expect them to be on TSRC-Ricoh. Their keyword search index is not always complete.
    When I started working in this business, 8 years ago, Ricoh Europe had a bunch of portals for tech info, learning, support and then moved on to my-ricoh.com. The information now is much more organised but I still find some glitches here and there. Now that I know the name of the file for this recovery tool I will try to search again to see if it is available there.

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através do Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Restore Java on Metis C1 (MPC4503)

Re: Restore Java on Metis C1 (MPC4503)

This is another method. What we've found is that a lot of times when you extract the Java update it doesn't fully extract. Make sure the extracted file is over 100mb.
    Java Reload from scatch.doc

EDIT: This is for the xx04 series, but the added Sp settings are the point of the attachment.