Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C2051 - Only Jams first copy of day

Just as the title says....this C2051 jams the first copy every morning, and then runs without an issue the rest of the day.
    It makes no sense to me, but the jam history confirms it
    It's logging Jam code 19 first thing every morning.
    I found a bulletin for the C2050 relating to a bent pressure roller stay which I thought might have something to do with it, but the stay is fine and I'd expect that would create much more frequent jamming.
    It's not a huge issue to the customer (or me), it's just a real head scratcher, and I'm wondering if anyone has run across this, or might have any idea what could cause such a thing?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MP C2051 - Only Jams first copy of day

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Just as the title says....this C2051 jams the first copy every morning, and then runs without an issue the rest of the day.
    It makes no sense to me, but the jam history confirms it
    It's logging Jam code 19 first thing every morning.
    I found a bulletin for the C2050 relating to a bent pressure roller stay which I thought might have something to do with it, but the stay is fine and I'd expect that would create much more frequent jamming.
    It's not a huge issue to the customer (or me), it's just a real head scratcher, and I'm wondering if anyone has run across this, or might have any idea what could cause such a thing?
    Hi, hope this help you.
    Jam Code 19(2).JPGJam Code 19(3).JPG

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Hello

We have a few machines on the field, some of them had the same problem, only the first copy in the morning jams, turned out to be the fusing sleeve unit.
    Memento Audere Semper

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello

We have a few machines on the field, some of them had the same problem, only the first copy in the morning jams, turned out to be the fusing sleeve unit.
    Yes I had exactly this same issue & jam code only jammed first copy in the morning.

Replacing the fuser sleeve the issue never returned.
    I put it down to the old grease in the sleeve taking a few copies to fully warm up & become soft again.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes I had exactly this same issue & jam code only jammed first copy in the morning.

Replacing the fuser sleeve the issue never returned.
    I put it down to the old grease in the sleeve taking a few copies to fully warm up & become soft again.
    Thanks guys.
    That makes a lot of sense.
    The entire fuser looks perfect, and they're a time and materials customer, so I think they'll live with this very minor inconvenience for now.
    I was thinking along those lines when I was there, and looking for a setting like Fuser Idling, but it's obviously not on those machines.
    I found some heater settings, but I couldn't figure out exactly which one(s), if any, might allow the machine to warm up a little longer prior to printing and if that might help.
    Any suggestions on that?
    Thanks a lot!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Thanks guys.
    The entire fuser looks perfect, and they're a time and materials customer, so I think they'll live with this very minor inconvenience for now.
    I was thinking along those lines when I was there, and looking for a setting like Fuser Idling, but it's obviously not on those machines.
    I found some heater settings, but I couldn't figure out exactly which one(s), if any, might allow the machine to warm up a little longer prior to printing and if that might help.
    Any suggestions on that?
    Thanks a lot!
    can you make the machine precycle b4 making a copy first thru service mode?
    or have the customer turn machine off end of day?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Thanks guys.
    Any suggestions on that?
    Thanks a lot!
    There is a Rtb about fuser settings... To slow down the fuser rotation.... In some cases this machines makes a weird noise during fusing idling or if you use thick paper...... The other problem is the mentioned 1st copy jam

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper