Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Post MP 2553 Main Motor Continuously Running on Startup

I have an MP 2553 that, upon booting it up, the main motor starts and will not stop. There are no SC codes. I have tried replacing the BCU and EEPROM on the BCU. Same problem. I have disconnected everything down to just the base machine, including no sd cards or hard drive. Everything comes to a ready state except for the Print function, which says Please Wait. I have cleared the memory using a 5801. I should also say that I have been able to stop the motor in SP modes using 5804, however, you still can't get anything to print or copy and the print function still says please wait. Another technician recommended replaced the PCDU, which contains the toner density sensor, and the toner hopper because he thought the machine was trying to add toner but it just wasn't showing it.... still no good. SP Modes 2-220-001 to 003 (VSP, VSG, VSDP) all show 0. Any help would be appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 2553 Main Motor Continuously Running on Startup

Re: MP 2553 Main Motor Continuously Running on Startup

Go into SP mode and check SP 7403 SC History. You will probably find SC 355 being logged. SC 355 is a Level C error. SC history is updated but is not displayed. If O am correct,you need to trouble shoot SC 355. Vsp and Vsg should not both equal 0.