Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Scanning from MPC 300

I don't know what mi ssue is with Ricoh. I cannot get any Ricoh to scan to a folder or by twain driver or SMB. I can set up Canon's, Sharps, Toshiba's HP's but CANNOT get a Ricoh to scan. I down load the twain driver..extract it....where does it go. Can't find it anywhere. Not by searching or any other method. I download the file. I open it up. It says RUN. I click run and it extracts quickly and disappears. To where? Under what? If I search the folders and files it doesn't have any reference to any ricoh whatsoever. I already have it network printing. That took two minutes. I've now been trying to scan for three weeks using all different methods. Can't get anywhere. Help!!!!!!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Scanning from MPC 300

Re: Scanning from MPC 300

Hmmm....Groundhog day's not until tomorrow, but I thought this sounded familiar:
    Ricoh MP C2050 Networking issues

Seems to me you should get together with someone who DOES know what they're doing and have them walk you through, because many of us have already been down this road with you without success....

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scanning from MPC 300

Sounds to me like you do not have administrator rights on the computer you are using. Either that or you are getting a background popup requesting administrative permission. Try this, download to a separate folder. Open the folder and Right-click on the file, select Run as administrator. If you get a prompt for administrator credentials then your login does not have administrator rights. You will need to contact your IT department to install the TWAIN driver or setup scan to folder.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I officially give up. I was trying to do it onsite. This time I brought one into my office hoping for better success. I called our local ricoh guy. I surrender. Nothing is this hard to do.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Scanning from MPC 300

The firmware must be up to date to work with the latest OS versions. If it is not, you're pissing into the wind, as it will not work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mikadonovan; 02-05-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scanning from MPC 300

Yes there was a firmware release for this issue many moths ago.

You could sent up scan to email as a work around.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I down load the twain driver..extract it....where does it go. Can't find it anywhere. Not by searching or any other method. I download the file. I open it up. It says RUN. I click run and it extracts quickly and disappears. To where? Under what? If I search the folders and files it doesn't have any reference to any ricoh whatsoever. [/QUOTE]

DO you mean to say that when you extract the downloaded file, you are not able to locate it on PC? & that is why you cannot install twain driver?
    Well Well, something is very strange.
    Normally it gets extracted to C drive in temp folder. you can see the folder having the same name as of downloaded file name.
    As far as scan to folder create folder on PC with admin rights & shared it for 'Everyone'.
    On machine using 'address management' select New Programme & establish the path to the shared folder on PC.

Hope this helps.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scanning from MPC 300

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    I don't know what mi ssue is with Ricoh. I cannot get any Ricoh to scan to a folder or by twain driver or SMB. I can set up Canon's, Sharps, Toshiba's HP's but CANNOT get a Ricoh to scan. I down load the twain driver..extract it....where does it go. Can't find it anywhere. Not by searching or any other method. I download the file. I open it up. It says RUN. I click run and it extracts quickly and disappears. To where? Under what? If I search the folders and files it doesn't have any reference to any ricoh whatsoever. I already have it network printing. That took two minutes. I've now been trying to scan for three weeks using all different methods. Can't get anywhere. Help!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    I down load the twain driver..extract it....where does it go. Can't find it anywhere. Not by searching or any other method. I download the file. I open it up. It says RUN. I click run and it extracts quickly and disappears. To where? Under what? If I search the folders and files it doesn't have any reference to any ricoh whatsoever.
    DO you mean to say that when you extract the downloaded file, you are not able to locate it on PC? & that is why you cannot install twain driver?
    Normally it gets extracted to C drive in temp folder. you can see the folder having the same name as of downloaded file name.
    As far as scan to folder create folder on PC with admin rights & shared it for 'Everyone'.
    On machine using 'address management' select New Programme & establish the path to the shared folder on PC.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

My experience is that the TWAIN download is a self extracting executable that extracts to the folder it was downloaded to and then automatically executes the install program. It is best to download it to a separate folder with no other files in it. You must have administrator rights on the computer. It also must be run in 32 bit mode.

The reason for using a separate folder is once it has been extracted to will contain only the TWAIN files and the original download file. The contents of the folder can then be copied to a SD card for installing on another computer.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scanning from MPC 300

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    I down load the twain driver..extract it....where does it go. Can't find it anywhere. Not by searching or any other method. I download the file. I open it up. It says RUN. I click run and it extracts quickly and disappears. To where? Under what? If I search the folders and files it doesn't have any reference to any ricoh whatsoever.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Why are you going down the route of using twian to scan, are you are connected to the printer via USB?

Scan to folder/smb is much simpler.

Or as I said earlier scan to email.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scanning from MPC 300

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Hope this helps.

Why are you going down the route of using twian to scan, are you are connected to the printer via USB?

Scan to folder/smb is much simpler.

Or as I said earlier scan to email.
    My guess is he does not know a login name and password that have the necessary rights for scan to folder. Lack of rights also blocks installing TWAIN drivers.