Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MP5000 Pesky sc360

I have a Machine that no matter what i do on a service call it suddenly throws a 360 code, i just changed a charge roller nothing else and there is it sc360,
    I run all the necessary re hospitalizations, and still the 360, and then the images get the gray back grounding at the edges of the page, the first two or three come out very nice, then there it is , gray back grounding and the the 360..
    Im going to try changing the ID sensor, I did run the toner 2801/ID inital. and it failed the DV is New, the drum is not, but its not scored or losing its coating anywhere which would cause a ground problem,
    I have replace the whole drum unit 3 times and so i dont thik its the TD sensor, it does it which ever pcu i have tried any help on this thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP5000 Pesky sc360

Re: MP5000 Pesky sc360

The SM says it's a TD sensor error, but you said you've changed the whole drum unit 3 times. Have you checked the connector at the machine where the TD sensor slides into? I seem to remember having another tech damaging\knocking it out of place pushing the drum unit in at an angle. That's probably where I would go next.
    Totoro

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP5000 Pesky sc360

When you say you have replace the whole drum unit do you mean the complete PCDU, PhotoConductor/Development Unit, or just the PCU. The error code SC360 is for the TD sensor. SP 2801 is to initialize the TD sensor not the ID sensor and should only be ran with new developer. The ID sensor is initialized with SP 3001-002 after properly cleaning the sensor.

If you have replaced the development unit and still had the problem then the connector on the back of the machine cavity the PCDU goes into could be defective.

One long time problem with the 35/45 and 40/50 ppm Ricoh models has been toner/developer contamination. Check the development roller. If it has a black film built up on it, other than tone haze that should wipe off with a tissue and little of no pressure, you most likely have contamination. You will need to drum a the developer and thoroughly clean all toner residue from the development unit and the drum unit, including the cleaning station and the toner recycle section. As the toner bottle may be the source of the contamination, you will need to replace it and clean all toner from the bottle tray. You will need to clean the coating off the development roller. there are a number of posts that cover the cleaning.

Once everything is clean, install new developer and toner and run SP2801. For best results use only Genuine Ricoh or NA Trading toner and developer. I have found it best to clean the development roller at every development change.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

most likely you do not have contact at the end of the charge roller. make sure the charge roller is clipped into place fully. make sure contact actually contacts roller end as well - they can bend

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I have a Machine that no matter what i do on a service call it suddenly throws a 360 code, i just changed a charge roller nothing else and there is it sc360,
    I run all the necessary re hospitalizations, and still the 360, and then the images get the gray back grounding at the edges of the page, the first two or three come out very nice, then there it is , gray back grounding and the the 360..
    Im going to try changing the ID sensor, I did run the toner 2801/ID inital. and it failed the DV is New, the drum is not, but its not scored or losing its coating anywhere which would cause a ground problem,
    I have replace the whole drum unit 3 times and so i dont thik its the TD sensor, it does it which ever pcu i have tried any help on this thanks
    First of all, keep in mind that this machine is rather finicky about the toner used. If actual Ricoh toner isn't being used you might have to try Ricoh toner after a developer change.
    Before you do that though, make sure that the drum ground is in good shape, by testing it with a meter (guessing won't work).
    Check that all the contacts for the charge and developer bias are in good shape too. That model has been around for a while after all.
    Also you might try this - adjust SP2209-001 to a smaller value. That will allow the toner feed motor to stay on longer without changing the actual amount of toner fed. That will help if the machine is being used to print pages with high density print, or it isn't being used enough. That SP code can destroy the developer materiel and waste toner though, so be careful.
    Hope that helps.