Thread: MP 301spf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MP 301spf

Hoping someone can help... One of my clients just got a MP 301spf with single tray 8.5x11 only and they receive crucial legal size documents at times....The machine is printing them on 2 sheets of paper...Is there an auto reduction setting on this unit??? so they can receive legal documents on 8.5x11 ???? Hope so.... Thanks for your help!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP 301spf

Re: MP 301spf

User Tools --> Fax features --> Initial Settings --> Print Parameter settings list (I believe it is switch 10 bit 3). --> go into parameter settings and switch the Auto Reduction bit (SW10 bit 3)to ON.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Really appreciate your help!..I'll give it a try...

Technician

Printing or Fax, or both ?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

This is a basic “be careful what you wish for” kind of thing.

Even if the setting will allow legal to be reduced to letter size (which is 73%) it may be too much of a reduction to still be readable, at least in some cases.

Faxed pages don’t tend to be all that clean to start with (for a variety of reasons), and the reduction may make text that is marginal to start with to be useless. You did say that these are crucial legal docs. I would not be willing to take that risk.

I know the bypass tray can handle legal size, I don’t know for sure if the fax portion would be smart enough to switch to it when needed.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laser801 View Post
    Hoping someone can help... One of my clients just got a MP 301spf with single tray 8.5x11 only and they receive crucial legal size documents at times....The machine is printing them on 2 sheets of paper...Is there an auto reduction setting on this unit??? so they can receive legal documents on 8.5x11 ???? Hope so.... Thanks for your help!
    This sounds like a case of the salesperson not paying attention and selling them the wrong machine. Maybe look into the second paper tray option. I do not remember if it will take legal paper.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    This sounds like a case of the salesperson not paying attention and selling them the wrong machine. Maybe look into the second paper tray option. I do not remember if it will take legal paper.
    It will. I don't think they cost very much either.