Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: mp4000 mp4001 mp4002 cleaning web not rolled-up

We don't even bother changing webs any more.
    We only use the printer maintenance kits on these machines...A kit for the PCDU and the B kit for the fuser and transfer.
    Hardly ever have webs run out these days as they seem to last the life of the maintenance kit fuser since it's rated lower than the copier parts.
    It's the SP820dn kits if anyone is interested.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    mp4000 mp4001 mp4002 cleaning web not rolled-up

if you change the developer and clean the mag roller around 100k, the pm can stretch to over 200k on this model. the web only goes 150k reliably, so the web cruises and keeps the fuser in great shape along the way. This is a difficult model to get, but it works.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Sometimes the cleaning web is not rolled up and so causing jams.
    If this happens I can manually roll up the web by turning the "worm-gear" ...
    Is this "not rolling up" issue caused by the machine or due to the cleaning web ass'y itself?
    Thank you for your help....
    hello to everyone, I had some cleaning unit that unrolls and caused jams, then I discovered that the problem was mainly caused by two things, the worm gear that sometimes did not match well with underlying gear and unidirectional bearings (especially that of the orange roller) that turned in both directions, with regard to the worm gear I slightly ovalize the right hole with a small file for the iron, so that it is possible to push slightly down to better match the worm gear with the gear below,
    the unidirectional bearings clean them all well with rag, screwdriver, and alcohol, then I mount them dry, and test them well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Batman1976's Avatar

I tend to find these models will run with the webb unit NOT installed (as long as your not doing long runs with heavy coverage they will work).

Cheers

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    mp4000 mp4001 mp4002 cleaning web not rolled-up

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1976 View Post
    I tend to find these models will run with the webb unit NOT installed (as long as your not doing long runs with heavy coverage they will work).

Cheers
    the purpose of the cleaning web is to clean the fuser roller. WHY in the world would you NOT put in a part that a DESIGN ENGINEER got paid to design and incorporate into the machine?
    Running without a cleaning web will cause PQ/CQ issues

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Batman1976's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    the purpose of the cleaning web is to clean the fuser roller. WHY in the world would you NOT put in a part that a DESIGN ENGINEER got paid to design and incorporate into the machine?
    Running without a cleaning web will cause PQ/CQ issues
    Believe me having looked after 60 of these devices in one building and running into a lot of cleaning webb issues we found they will run perfectly fine without them installed if they aren't doing heavy coverage. Saved a lot of time and money to just remove the webb unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have experienced that the modif cleaning web gives a better performance then the old one: 150K.
    It rolls up fine, so no more jams...
    I have also find a way to replace the web film: when you reinstall the pressure plate bar, first loosen the screws of the pressure plate, then place it on the unit and then tighten the screws back on...
    Good luck!
    I replace F.U. when it is broke. Minima 750K!
    Development unit: referbish by removing the agitation bar completely and clean the grid of it well, 140K
    Also PCU: clean it well and replace parts, 140K
    Good luck, boys!